• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help and vibes please upsys not well - ud booked in vets :(

Insurance will not cover it as it is preexisting :( and they will not cover anything that happens in the first two weeks either.

As for good vets, I was recommended them from here, sorry

You are not a bad bunny mummy! You're doing all you can to try to find out what is causing the problem. Hopefully someone on here will be able to suggest a dental savvy vet in your area to get a second opinion.

feel awful!

Ive been thinking about it....

remember last week I said the fatty doesnt escape. she prefers to lounge in the house.

once shes out shes fine...ive just had her in the garden...munching on grass....running around.

I caught her put her in the house rather than the run....shes not gone with the others! She wont use the cat flap! She did at first....why not now. Whats changed from inside to out to make her not want to use the cat flap...to make her not go into the run,
she was the fat one....she isnt now

could that suddenly be down to her teeth? Ort could it be something with her head the fact that she doesnt use the flap?

I would have thought there would be a way, I have head of cats breaking them off so thers should be away of taking it off to try and replace it, but you could just take the whole thing off

ive propped it up and shes come inside...

Im not sure weather her bits are normal....could they eb causing this? I think she has a poop stuck there ....on the left side looking at it

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

She has an accumulation of secretion from her scent glands

Her bald chin and exposed third eyelid *might* indicate Dental Disease (elongated tooth roots)

Just seen this.

Aren't those bits either side of her bumhole clogged scent glands? I don't think that has an effect on her eye, but I think they should be cleaned out.

Poor, poor girl.

how do i fix anything :(
i didnt even know about scent glands, now i feel even worse :(

how do I clean them :(

Really easy, just with a cotton bud that's been in a bit of warm water. Full scent glands not a bad thing at all, just something that happens, most rabbits get it (I only learned about it a few months ago!)

Hopefully jane can advise on the tooth/eye :(

Big VIBES for Upsy

jane I think your ace but....eh?
and how do I fix it?

You can clean the scent glands using a cotton bud dipped in a bit of vaseline.
Be careful as the skin is very fragile

The *possibility* of tooth root issues is something you'd need to discuss with your Vet. Skull radiographs are the only way to diagnose elongated tooth roots.

I have not read the whole thread as I have not been around much today.

looks like when louise is home...a trip to the dental vet :(

All my vet did was check her teeth and said they were fine except a little spur on her back tooth but nothing major shes on baytril and some antibiotic

I wouldn't be looking to wait that long, I will not be back until next Friday, and I am out on Saturday picking up hammies from Birmingham ;)

You could make an appointment for Saturday afternoon when I am back :) I could use your services in picking up bunnies from Kay :)

Back