• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!! 50 rabbits and 100 guinea pigs need to be in rescue by the weekend!!

Thanks Katie, we have a group of folks who are going down initially to assess what can be done, but what we really need now is rescue places, because without them, we can't do anything.

I'll let you know if we can use you - thank you.

I wish I could help with fostering but really can't take on any at the moment with viewings etc :(

I can take 2 small bunnies, I will be going down to Anna and doing some transport runs with the guinea pigs. I could do some transport runs with bunnies. Who do I need to email with the routes I can do?

I don't have space to take any buns (currently fostering 4 babies for Celia), but I could help with bunny/piggy runs.

I'm North Notts, so am fairly central for helping with runs for any animals needing to go north.

I can take 2 small bunnies, I will be going down to Anna and doing some transport runs with the guinea pigs. I could do some transport runs with bunnies. Who do I need to email with the routes I can do?

The Duchess put this email addy up
therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk
I've offered to link up with you in donny and transport some buns further up north to the teesside/newcastle area should those people who offered to take some buns be able to for sure. :D

This is so sad. it's so nice to see a wonderful group of people getting together to give these fluff's a better chance.

If I can help I will. I'm in Fleet, Hampshire.

Ive seen this place now from a distance and these bunnies definetely need help :( i have a couple of bunny people from another forum willing to take a couple of bunnies.

Ive seen this place now from a distance and these bunnies definetely need help :( i have a couple of bunny people from another forum willing to take a couple of bunnies.

Thanks Lara, can you e-mail me over the details of the people who are offering help and exactly what kind of help? Thanks

Does anyone reasonably near me (Havant in Hampshire) have a dog crate I could borrow? If so, I could rehome one of the Lymington buns and after quarantine bond it with one of my three groups. Sadly, my darling Peggy isn't going to be with me as long as I would like so Sue will be needing a partner. It sounds as those these Lymington buns are very needy but I haven't got any means of quarantine.

I have a spare room for the bun but no means of stopping him or her wrecking the room when I am at work. After seeing the damage George and Gemma did to my lounge I won't let buns free range unsupervised indoors any longer.

Just a thought I had when I was wondering how I could help other than with a bunny run.

Does anyone reasonably near me (Havant in Hampshire) have a dog crate I could borrow? If so, I could rehome one of the Lymington buns and after quarantine bond it with one of my three groups. Sadly, my darling Peggy isn't going to be with me as long as I would like so Sue will be needing a partner. It sounds as those these Lymington buns are very needy but I haven't got any means of quarantine.

I have a spare room for the bun but no means of stopping him or her wrecking the room when I am at work. After seeing the damage George and Gemma did to my lounge I won't let buns free range unsupervised indoors any longer.

Just a thought I had when I was wondering how I could help other than with a bunny run.

Rhianna, I have a very large dog crate you could borrow for a while if its's to rescue one of these from Lymington. I have literally yesterday finished using it to bond my 2 boys they are now in a hutch in garden so I am not using it any more for the moment. By the time we find out whats happening with the rescue this will have given me time to give it a good clean as well :) Oh by the way I am in Locks Heath. Let me know if any good to you? :wave:

Fantastic :)

Will e-mail Helen and let her know I can take one or two of the Lymington buns. I have already offered a home for two guineas as I do have a spare hutch - but it is too small really for buns.

I may be buying another hutch/run if I can find a way of getting it from New Forest to me (am asking various friends at the moment).

I would prefer to keep the Lymington buns indoors, especially to start with, until I know whether they are healthy or not so a dog crate would be ideal. I can keep them completely separate from my existing ones then in a spare room. I'd never forgive myself if I took on new buns and made any of mine poorly.

Once I know I am definitely rehoming a bun (or two) I will PM you and sort out arrangements to pick up the crate. I'll have to borrow a car as mine is too small to get anything much in, but am insured to drive a friend's car so that isn't a problem.

Thank you so much for offering. I really wanted to help and now I can :)

Back