• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!! 50 rabbits and 100 guinea pigs need to be in rescue by the weekend!!

Jill we have lots of empty cages suitable for piggies at the moment so could help as a stop over for them and then Steve could bring them up to you, if thats any help - thats if we have enough hay to bed them on though :roll::(

...and if you end up doing this I can give you bale of hay to go home with ;)

Let me know if I can help at all, I have a Honda Jazz so could squish a few animals in...... Alice is over-full at the moment, actually having to turn people away Poor love!

I am happy to help whoever is co-ordinating this. Will PM my mobile no if anyone would like it. Could take some of the animals from Lymington to Sue - would love to meet her anyway. If there are any pregnant buns I could probably home one temporarily but they would have to be indoors as I don't have a spare hutch big enough for buns but could take a couple of the pigs.

My experience of large bunny rescues, is that someone needs to co-ordinate and possibly go and assess the situation at the house. I know people have been exchanging pms and I wonder has anyone arranged to go to the house?
If so, when?

We might be able to go to Lymington on Saturday (if I am nice to my boyfriend....:lol: ), and we have space for 3 carriers. I wouldn't mind taking a look or transporting some bunnies, but I only have one hutch. Plus a dog crate for very short term indoor setup.

My experience of large bunny rescues, is that someone needs to co-ordinate and possibly go and assess the situation at the house. I know people have been exchanging pms and I wonder has anyone arranged to go to the house?
If so, when?

I got the impression from the opening post that Julie was going to pass on people's contact details and offers of help directly to the lady concerned. The piggies are being organised by Anna from Wheek and Squeek.

I agree Lorraine, it needs someone to visit and see what the real deal is. I understand from the GP forum that it might be something to do with local authorities.

I can help with transport from Doncaster further north over the bank holiday of that helps. I was planning on going up from hull to boro anyway, and as there are a couple of offers in Newcastle I could maybe get up there or meet someone just south of newcastle. :D

Could foster buns if i was lent a hutch for outdoors? Size of hutch would depend on how many rabbits,:)

Im in hertfordshire

if some pigs are going up to Doncaster..can a few be brought to us..can meet on route
Sorry can't help with bunnies at the moment..

I can help if needed as am not that far from Lymington, with regards to doing local bunny runs etct. Can't really foster at moment as my 2 have just been bonded and don't want to upset them.
If you need my help PM me.

Anna from week and squeek rescue is going to visit the lady and is trying to organise taking all the guinea pigs from her which of course will take time so if anyone can help and is willing to take on any guinea pigs, please contact her so she can sort. Thanks. As for the rabbits, they still need places for. I am unable to take on sorting this as I am going away on Saturday and the lady wants the rabbits to be gone by Sunday.

Can you please PM me contact details for Anna so I can let her know I am happy to help. I can take a couple of pigs too but only have one spare hutch unless I can find a cheap indoor cage from e-bay. Will have a look as I have been thinking about getting a couple of guineas for ages but really wanted to rescue.

Those poor buns - do you know why the urgency? Sunday isn't very long to rehome so many animals.

Gosh what a large amount, we were nearly on holiday in Lymington this week but I'm in Seaton, Devon at the mo. Just wanted to say hope it all goes ok and that they are all saved. Would it help if I ask people I know see if anyone can offer a home? I can post on facebook and other forums?

We might be able to go to Lymington on Saturday (if I am nice to my boyfriend....:lol: ), and we have space for 3 carriers. I wouldn't mind taking a look or transporting some bunnies, but I only have one hutch. Plus a dog crate for very short term indoor setup.

If you want to take one or a pair for us Gisela please do. Unfortunately you are the only ARC fosterer with any spaces x

Back