• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello - Im new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a feeling this might get locked.

Marissa, feelings do run high because we care so passionately about the welfare of rabbits. Please understand this.

It is all because we care so much.

As title says...........Working in Harmony for a Better Future.

Last edited:
Please can you stop
I have rabbits im not a troll !
I need help and advice can people inform me why not to breed?
Sizes of housing?

If this is a genuine thread, surely we should offer help, support and advice.

Otherwise prospective new members could well be put off joining.

Please can you stop
Sizes of housing?

Practical advise!

Do not breed; there is no demand. There are already thousands of bunnies needing homes. Neuter your bunnies; females are are great risk of uterine cancer if not neutered.

Bunnies need 6ft by 2ft hutches at least with permanent access to an 8ft by 4ft run.

Surely you'd already know all this, you love your bunnies and you are a professional breeder. Therefore I concur you need no advise.

Please can you stop
Sizes of housing?

Breeding causes an influx of rabbits, which are already the most neglected pet in the UK. As previously mentioned, there are over 33000 in rescues at the moment, and this is increasing.

I doubt breeding can give much money. I doubt a breeder would be able to provide a bunny with the care they need (the sheer scale of the 200 or so you say you have means that medical complaints could go unnoticed for a very long time, and positive human contact is minimal). You say the buns have access to runs which is good, but it depends on the size housing and what buns you have together.

They need to be vaccinated to prevent widespread deaths in the community, and really should be neutered as 80% of females will develop uterine cancer in their first 3 years. Unneutered females kept with unneutered males will have a miserable life in particular, litter after litter and an early death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back