• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello from Dennis, Betty, Rosie, Bella & me!

orangediva

Mama Doe
I thought it might be time to introduce my bunnies and myself - we've been around for a couple of months and I'm booked onto the 30th May forage day. I've been enjoying reading the forum and seeing all the cute bunnies plus getting a ton of advice about diet, housing, health and lots of other stuff :wave:

I have four bunnies - Dennis and Betty who are almost 18 months old and live together in a shed and run combo and Rosie and Bella who are six months old, recently spayed and are house buns (with an outside run):

Dennis:

Betty:

Rosie and Bells:

We always had rabbits when I was a child but, sadly, they were classic garden "hutch bunnies" living alone and un-neutered because that's how things were done in the early/mid eighties and I knew no better. I loved my rabbits dearly and used to let them out to run in the garden as much as I could but, thinking back, there were an awful lot of bad weather days where they were just stuck in their hutches probably very bored and sad :(

Now we have weatherproofed runs and Dennis and Betty can be out in all weathers if they choose to be - I'm slightly more cautious with Bells and Rosie as they are young and not used to cold weather, but they are free ranging indoors anyway. They are all so entertaining, I spend hours watching them - usually when I should be doing something else!!

Anyway hi everyone :wave:

Awe they are beautiful :love:. I have also learned so much since being here which my Gypsy has benefited an awful lot from. To educate myself on Rabbits is going to give her the best life possible and I am even learning Bunny language :D. I am also new here and we also share our home with a Rabbit (House Rabbit). We love her dearly. Looking forward to reading more of your posts :wave: xx

Gypsy is a beauty, I've seen your posts about her housing - she's a lucky girl. I just love watching them, my favourite time is early evenings just after feeding time when I sit out in the shed, then in the kitchen and read, watch them and listen to them munching on hay :love:

Thank you :). I do the same when kids have gone off to bed and at the moment that is the only time she will choose to leave her living area and come out free range, she is getting there and I'd rather not force her into anything she isn't ready for. She is still up and foraging on the kitchen floor after i cut up some herbs and sprinkled them around about an hour ago. She is going to bed soon though, I hope so anyway :roll:
xxx

Welcome! Your bunnies are SO CUTE! I'm looking forward to more photos :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you both :wave:

I'm trying to get them all to pose for photos this afternoon but it's like herding cats! I have about a thousand pics on my phone but most have a disappearing bunny exiting stage left :shock:

Hahaha that's like so many of my photos!! I hover banana above Foxie so he'll stand up for my best photos ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back