• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay suggestions please....course types?

PippinWarren

Warren Scout
Hi all just wondering if anyone can suggest a hay type Ive not had yet.

The buns love baled hay, oat hay and I do feed a mix of other varieties everyday but in the quest to stop one of the more furry lionheads Mr fluffers becoming entangled in seed heads which play havoc amounting to me grooming at least 3 times per day I just wondered if I've missed any course type hays minus the seedy stuff.

They are 90% Hay eaters so its important to me to keep that going.:thumb:

Edit: Here's the list of what they have had.....
Orchard Grass - Not keen
Animal Dreams Orchard Hay - Not keen
Friendly Redigrass - ok
Alfalfa King - Love it
Pure Patures Meadow Hay - Not keen
Excel Birch Bark Herbage - love it
Excel Chamomile Herbage - Love it
Excel Dandelion Herbage - ok
All Vitakraft with added bits - not keen
Oat Wheat & Barley - leave one of them dont know which!
Hay for pets Timothy & Rye, Ings & Meadow - turn their noses up!!
Welsh Meadow Willow Warren - ok
Burns Oat Hay - Love it
Baled Farm Hay - Love it
There were a couple more but can't remember the names :lol:

Last edited:
I just ordered 2 sacks from Mackers Link one Stalky Bale and one Soft Bale Hope they like it 

Did you get proper bags of h4p or did you just use the samples? As mine turned their noses up at the samples but the T&R bags are actually their favourite!

The Alfalfa King you mentioned, is that the Timothy? If not try their timothy hay.

I'd also try P@H Woodlands Timothy with apple and carrot, it is cut short though, I feed it in a bowl.

I only get dust free hay, I always request the stalkiest bags that they have as my two go wild for it :)

Better value to go for a bigger order if they end up liking it, like the 10bag or two of the larger bales.

I just ordered 2 sacks from Mackers Link one Stalky Bale and one Soft Bale Hope they like it 

Hope they enjoy it, although mine are never that fussed about the soft hay (but the piggies like it lots). It's the stalky that they really enjoy. Like I said, the stalky at the moment looks just like straw but it's going down a treat :D.

Did you get proper bags of h4p or did you just use the samples? As mine turned their noses up at the samples but the T&R bags are actually their favourite!

The Alfalfa King you mentioned, is that the Timothy? If not try their timothy hay.

I'd also try P@H Woodlands Timothy with apple and carrot, it is cut short though, I feed it in a bowl.

No I only got the samples so Im ordering some larger stalky bags as we speak, if they turn their noses up at it then I will give it to my local rescue BARC I'm sure some of the bunnies will devour it if mine don't

The Alfalfa King was the one from Hay Experts Ive had the red bag & the yellow bag. I wouldn't buy the yellow bag again because there was hardly any stalk it was a bag of green dust :(

Back