• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay subscriptions

OliveTree

Warren Scout
Can anyone recommend one please? I keep getting haybox.co.uk (I think that's right) popping up on Facebook; has anyone here tried it, or any others? I'm interested in hay quality, value for money and also how easy it is to use - e.g. can you pause it if you find you're not using as much as expected?

I haven't tried haybox.co.uk, but I think some people on here have. I use timothyhay.co.uk, which appears to be around the same price and you don't need to take out a subscription. hay-and-straw.co.uk are also good, especially their Ings hay and again no subscription and a similar price. I think both companies are willing to send out samples.

I haven't tried haybox.co.uk, but I think some people on here have. I use timothyhay.co.uk, which appears to be around the same price and you don't need to take out a subscription. hay-and-straw.co.uk are also good, especially their Ings hay and again no subscription and a similar price. I think both companies are willing to send out samples.
Same here, haven't tried it, Timothyhay.co.uk is what we always use, really like their stuff, have tried ings too :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'd thought that Ings hay must be a brand, but it looks like it's actually a type of hay. Is that right, and is it better than Timothy hay?

I've just ordered some Haybox meadow hay to try. I believe Ings was the farmer's name. I think he died but the family carried on the business...??

I'd thought that Ings hay must be a brand, but it looks like it's actually a type of hay. Is that right, and is it better than Timothy hay?

My two won’t eat Ings hay, but lots of bunnies love it. They love Timothy hay, in particular the Timothy hay from Timothy hay.co.uk is a favourite, they also love the sweet green hay from Nature’s own. I’ve not tried the, on the hay box hay so I can’t advise on that. A lot of places, including Timothy hay.co.uk and the hay experts will send samples out for you to try your bunnies on.

I had piggies in the past who were crazy for Ings hay. It's a meadow hay of some sort.

I had piggies in the past who were crazy for Ings hay. It's a meadow hay of some sort.

My two won’t eat Ings hay, but lots of bunnies love it. They love Timothy hay, in particular the Timothy hay from Timothy hay.co.uk is a favourite, they also love the sweet green hay from Nature’s own. I’ve not tried the, on the hay box hay so I can’t advise on that. A lot of places, including Timothy hay.co.uk and the hay experts will send samples out for you to try your bunnies on.

Sounds like it's worth me getting a couple of samples then!

Ings hay from hay-and-straw.co.uk is, I think, Meadow Hay, which is grown organically, so the hay includes some wild plants. From memory I think it is softer than Timothy Hay.

It's certainly worth you getting samples, as rabbits do seem to prefer some sorts to others. And of course the one that is best is the one that your rabbit eats the most of.

Sounds like it's worth me getting a couple of samples then!

Definitely, rabbits are all so different!

Ings hay from hay-and-straw.co.uk is, I think, Meadow Hay, which is grown organically, so the hay includes some wild plants. From memory I think it is softer than Timothy Hay.

It's certainly worth you getting samples, as rabbits do seem to prefer some sorts to others. And of course the one that is best is the one that your rabbit eats the most of.

Definitely this!

Is there any difference nutritionally between meadow hay and Timothy hay?

A little difference, but nothing really noticeable, I don't think. I always think the best thing is to give a mix of hays, if the bunny or pig isn't too fussy. But if they are, sticking to one probably isn't really a problem.

A little difference, but nothing really noticeable, I don't think. I always think the best thing is to give a mix of hays, if the bunny or pig isn't too fussy. But if they are, sticking to one probably isn't really a problem.

Thank you!

Ours will leave meadow hay but LOVE Timothy hay. We had a box of each from hay.box and they ate the Timothy but not the meadow. We love Timothy hay from Timothy hay.co.uk ☺️

Back