• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Help!

MarleyMoo

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone,

I'm having real problems trying to get decent hay for Marlon. The last 3 lots I've bought have all sorts in them! Leaves, twigs, things that look like catkins and something that looks similar to barley stalks, if you know what I mean!

I spend half my time picking through it as I'm worried these things are dangerous for him! Am I being over cautious? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Vic x

I get the expensive west wales stuff and even that's full of docks, buttercups, knapweed, you name it - takes me an age to sort through hay for 25 animals :roll: the only one I can't cope with is thistles as they are so dangerous to the animals and very painful :evil: I think it's just been a bad year for hay with the weather :(

dustfreehay.co.uk
I've never had a problem with this and the bunnies love it.

I get mine from a horse suppliers and i have never touch wood had a prboblem with mine only the odd static mite but that can be found in any hay

Back