• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you ever changed the name of your bunny?

I've kept and changed some names as they arrived, but most of mine know themselves and come to a nickname, rather than their actual 'formal' name- so what their real name is doesn't matter.

I've been and reserved a little girl bun from our local rescue as a friend for Rascal (Dizzi has gone to the bridge and he's so sad without her, bless him).

She's currently called Holly as she was found as a stray at Christmas but as she's only had that name a few weeks I'm guessing I should be ok to change it......what to though I have no idea at the mo!

I've been and reserved a little girl bun from our local rescue as a friend for Rascal (Dizzi has gone to the bridge and he's so sad without her, bless him).

She's currently called Holly as she was found as a stray at Christmas but as she's only had that name a few weeks I'm guessing I should be ok to change it......what to though I have no idea at the mo!

Oh how lovely for Rascal :love: Yes It will be fine to change it :thumb: hope it all goes well :thumb:

Ruby was bought as a baby and didn't have a name so I chose that. Sometimes she responds to it, usually when it is shouted in a certain tone when she is being naughty. It might make her stop doing the naughty thing for 2 seconds!!

Reggie her old partner came from a rescue, he hadn't been there long so he hadn't been given a name. It took us ages to choose reggie. He didn't respond to it at all in the 4 years I had him but he was a grumpy boy and didn't respond to much really.

New bunny came with the name Smartie but he was a stray so only had that name for a few months. He is now Bertie. I've only had him 3 weeks so he hasn't had chance to learn his name yet.

I changed Molly's name from Lara when I adopted her. She had only been given that name while in rescue as when she was rescued she had no name. Molly belonged to a byb and had been forced to have litter after litter. :cry:

Lara is a nice name, infact she was named after a member of RU who helped rescue her along with TRC, but it was too similar to Lila one of my other buns so it was changed. Molly definitely knows her name and responds to it. I could also call her breakfast, tea and herby treats and get the same response though! :roll: :lol:

Yes I've changed some and kept some.
Mollie was called Gladys when we got her (she'd had that name about 2 or 3 years).
Bindi kept her name (of 15 months), as did Eddie (of about a month)
Zoie was called Wispa and Inara was called Aero (they'd both had those names about 4 months)

Back