• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you ever been visited by a bridge bun?

Beapig

Mama Doe
I had an experience this morning that I can't explain. I was filling up the hay feeders in the bunny shed when I heard the sound of little feet charging into the shed. My head was down with my hair over my face, so I couldn't see who it was, but I said 'Hello Lily, is that you?' I then looked around and to my bewilderment, saw that the shed was empty. When I looked outside, Lily and Maple were still at the far end of the run eating their salad.

I think it was Hamilton coming to see me. He was very much a mum's bun, and always wanted to be around me having smooths and chin rubs. I thought that the worst of the grief was over, but here I am crying again. I don't know how much I 'believe' in this sort of thing, but the sound of running feet on the lino was unmistakable.

The only other time I've had a similar experience was after Plumpkin died...I felt a bunny run past me and brush against my leg, but there was no-one there. Because I'm not really 'into' supernatural stuff I don't go looking for signs or experiences. This one this morning really caught me off guard.

Has anyone else ever experienced similar? How did it make you feel...sad, happy, comforted?

Yup. And like you I can’t explain it because I’m a very logical person. But this issue really confuses me.
When Leo passed last year, a few days later I heard the noise of a bunny running round the chair beside where I sit. And Flo was not in the room at the time.
And very recently I again heard the definate sound of a rabbit moving when I was in our garage and it was Alfreds favourite place to play and hide and again there was no one about.
I can’t explain these events. I’m not phased by them nor scared. But I’m confused. I hope that these are our little companions visiting - maybe they can somehow sense or feel us but we are not able to see them?
My mother is very much into spiritualism and she tells the most amazing things that she has seen as a believer and as I don’t know enough about it I can’t say what I really believe.
But if you want my impartial view, I would say you had a visit. You had a visit because you believe and because of the bond and the love you have with your bunnies. It’s a connection and you should embrace it and feel a sense of belief that it has happened.

I have had one experience that I am CERTAIN was real. But it was my late Granny, not a deceased Pet. I KNOW for a fact what I saw was real. It happened in 1972 but it is as clear in my mind and as real now as it was then.

At the time I was frightened by the experience, but that was more to do with how the two adults with me at the time reacted, rather than to what I saw. Now I wish I could have more experiences like the on with my late Granny as I now feel what happened was ‘good’ not ‘bad/evil’.

I am open minded about the possibility of some sort of continuation of the presence of a deceased loved one, human or animal. I would never dismiss an account of an experience like yours as being just your imagination, wishful thinking or whatever.

I do not have much time for the Concept of needing another human to act as a vessel of communication with a deceased loved one. If the communication does happen and is real it will surly be directly from the deceased loved one to the still living person.

So I would not visit a Medium or an Animal Communicator. Especially if they charged a fee or their services.

Going back to 2014 I had just lost Noodle. She was an EC head tilty bun & used to make a distinctive lovely clipperty clop noise when she ran due to her uneven gait. Joey & I were in the lounge when I heard that noise & the door push open - exactly as Noodle did. Anyhoo it turned out is was a tiny baby squirrel. It was the scrappiest thing when he stood up chattering, trying & failing to fluff himself up big. So Bob & I decided that was Noodle Squirrel, popping in to say hello.

When Joey went Bob & I heard the distinctive sound of a bunny running round the bedroom (we are in lounge below). Eddy & Boo were with us. We had this a few times.

TBH I don't really believe in this stuff - or don't want to - but experiences are experiences.

I had a very similar thing happen with my bunnies. When Clover died, me and my husband kept seeing her, and every time we'd think it was her sister, Dusty who was still alive, but it wasn't. Then one time I absolutely 100% heard the clip cloppy sound of a bunny on the kitchen floor, but Dusty was laying on the hallway carpet. After Dusty died we never heard or saw a thing again.

I've seen bridge buns nip past me before, Bobby had a distinctive walk as he only had one front paw and I used to hear it in our kitchen after he died.

Back