• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone got this run??? take 2

I have the trixie one which is similar. I love mine as its relatively easy to move around and folds down. My only comment is be careful if your bun has a small head as one of mine got their heads stuck in it and I panicked all night as I thought she was going to die of fright as she went very quiet after I rescued her.

Mine did the same, She was staying with Hetty (*spider*) and she freaked out for some unknown reason, maybe strange smell or saw something she didnt like, and she got her head trapped in the bars and Hetty had to force them apart to get her out, luckily she did and she was unharmed but if Hetty hadnt got her out when she did, she could have very easily died.

I do still use mine, i think like with anything, children, pets, theres a horror story for everything. However now I only use it when I am around to watch them, 90% of the time they have the wooden run attached to the shed instead.

But is something to consider, I wouldnt recommend buying it if your buns are small.

I will line the inside with mesh then. Thanks

we have lined ours with mesh - not just because of the problems of getting head stuck etc but also to stop buns outside the run nipping the noses of buns inside the run (or vice versa!!).

However I also think the 'head stuck' thing could conceivably happen with some of the larger dog crates - certainly with our wild boy Pippin who has a very very thin head.

we have lined ours with mesh - not just because of the problems of getting head stuck etc but also to stop buns outside the run nipping the noses of buns inside the run (or vice versa!!).

However I also think the 'head stuck' thing could conceivably happen with some of the larger dog crates - certainly with our wild boy Pippin who has a very very thin head.

Do you have a pick of your meshing?

Thats why we wont use them for small bunnies or those with splay legs, prefer the 5 foot cages with deep base and narrow bars.

Once we nearly had a major catastrophe of a free ranging small bunny walking IN TO another rabbits dog crate with bun inside :shock: Never moved so fast in all my life! Had no idea they could actually walk right through :shock:

I bought the Trixie one - 216 x 116 x 65 cm (L x W x H) for £69.90 the other day. i haven't opened it yet:oops:

IT HAS ARRIVED!! and its up! I put the rabbits in it for about 1hr this afternoon. Im going to build it up gradually to get them used to the lush grass!
It is bigger than expected, but they love it! I cant find my camera so cant put any pictures of it up!

Back