• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harry and Clymo

killabuni

Young Bun
Not a bunny, but a piggy. Harry passed away on Monday morning with me stroking him. I cradled him for a few hours until about 5am, then I really needed to sleep, and a few hours later I woke up and went to him just as he was taking his last breaths, so I stroked his little face and told him he was a good boy and it'd be alright. I didn't cry until that evening. I think I was just too tired. It usually doesn't hit me until a lot later as I'm more focused at the time to comfort them as they go, as most of mine have passed in my arms.

He was about 4 years old I think, possibly nearer 5, lived with his son, Bear, who was born in my bedroom 18th August 2012. I'd rescued Harry and two pregnant sows (he was the father of all pups) from this ridiculous girl who was back-to-back breeding them and kept asking me to take more that she hadn't room for anymore :roll: which I did and found homes for... Anyway, one of the pregnant sows was Bear's mum, and all the other 9 pups and 2 mums were rehomed but I fell for Bear and Harry so kept them myself. They were closest out of Bear's brothers and their dad, so I kept them together and paired up the brothers appropriately, judging by their characters, ready for rehoming. They had sisters luckily, so kept their mums company.

I'm unsure what to do about Bear now though, whether to find him another cage-mate or not as I do have other guinea-pigs that he lives near and can sense they're there. I don't know if he'd need that contact again, but I'll see how he gets on for now.

Well, this is Harry shortly after I rescued them:
PICT0596_zps8723e98a.jpg

And with Bear a few months ago (a rare time Bear sat still lol):
28d16ad8-c2f0-45dd-8170-6fafc934ea4d_zps6b40ddd0.jpg

He was a really sweet, placid, friendly boy. He's a reason why I only rescue from now on.

Also, rabbit related, it was this month last year I lost my eldest rabbit (in my avatar) Clymo, sadly to flystrike. He would have been 12 at the end of that year. I'd never cried so hard over one of my pets going - he had to be put to sleep after we tried medication and constant washing but it wasn't any use. I broke down in the consultation room walking back through from the surgery room he was in, as I couldn't make it to the car and I don't cry in-front of people so didn't want to in-front of the other owners in the waiting room, but I'm sure they heard. I'll forever miss him, my 'Stressy Jesse' because he was a sod for many years and would get short tempered with me a lot lol.

Some pics of him.
A year old, having a cuddle with me:
Me39.jpg

Investigating nanny's garden for the first time:
120516-1324_zpsc976fa69.jpg

120516-1321001_zps0589075d.jpg

120516-1321_zpsbd33f944.jpg

Relaxing in the garden throughout the years:
SP_A0648_zpsa5ac94e2.jpg

100PICT0009_zps4228de7c.jpg

Clymorelaxin_zps470eeb2b.jpg

Hay nest one winter: