• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hard Black Poops

When you say the poos are hard, are these fresh and hard? As I found Twinkle's poops were smaller and darker but were reasonably soft. They did dry up very quickly and then become little bullets of poop...

It might be that the hard poops you found are not fresh?

Just a thought.

Just to add a couple of my buns poos where darker, smaller etc though I could squish them apart but I wasnt happy with their appetites either (wierdly their weight was fine) and they actually had pinworms so we dosed them for that 5 days of Lapizole and a few days later they are much better so just thought if it persisted whther it may be worth speaking to your vet about worming if they havent been done of late.

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind :) can you see pinworms in their poos?

Sorry I didn't have time to post yesterday, I rang my vet yesterday morning and he said he isn't worried, they are still normal weights and rabbits eat less in the summer. He says they'll be getting more exercise now we have them, and that they were massively overweight when we got them. They are all eating happily, I put them a massive amount of hay in three or four times a day, so I don't think there's anything dental going on x

Well it was worth it to put your mind at rest. Just keep an eye on them then I suppose?

When you say the poos are hard, are these fresh and hard? As I found Twinkle's poops were smaller and darker but were reasonably soft. They did dry up very quickly and then become little bullets of poop...

It might be that the hard poops you found are not fresh?

Just a thought.

:wave: it is possible especially with them being outside the sun might have dried them up

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind :) can you see pinworms in their poos?

well I think from what I have read about them maybe you could, but I couldnt and vet couldnt until they did some 'floatation' thing with the poo at the surgery and then they could :?

Back