• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had a shock today re Thumper's insurance

What a worry for you. The annual limits always seem quite high don't they, until of course you have a poorly animal and then it's surprising just how quick the bills rack up.

It might be time to wrap Thumper in bubble wrap for a few mths...... ;):lol:

I feel your pain, my cat has just got the end of her annual limit, but luckily it has coincided with them finally finding out what was wrong with her and being able to treat it.

An annual limit of 2k seemed really high before, but now I'm considering bumping them up to higher policies with more cover!

It's such a catch 22 situation if you dont start saving when they are young and in theory relatively healthy, as I would never be able to switch to relying on savings now as I wouldn't have much to fall back on for quite some time!

She's exceeded her annual limit so I'm not going to get any money back from the insurance company (which I badly needed as it was £500) plus if she's ill again between now and 5th July, it's coming out of our pocket, which we can ill-afford. I just hope she's not ill again, but what are the chances :(. We'll have to find the money from somewhere, but where?

No point to this thread really as no-one can help or advise, but I'm just in a bit of a shock at the moment. We can't afford £500 bills, we just can't, not at the rate Thumper gets sick :cry:.
Sending you vibes for no more vet visits.

Is it a 2k limit for all conditions (like a pot of gold) or is it a 2k limit per condition?

I hope you make sense of that.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Sending you vibes for no more vet visits.

Is it a 2k limit for all conditions (like a pot of gold) or is it a 2k limit per condition?

I hope you make sense of that.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

It's the pot of gold version, sadly :(

Would that insurance were endless for each condition. some vets are just so darned expensive!

Depends on insurance policy doesn't it, as I have 2k per condition, so ive used up my annual limit on one condition, but can claim against anything else up to another 2k per condition/injury.

you would think with the vet costs increasing each year, that the annual claims of cover would increase also but it doesn't

Like joey&boo, mine have an ISA, except mine's the family ISA but it's just me and Matt and the buns, so if any of us needs an emergency 'few quid', it's there. Thankfully Lopsy's not been so unwell that we've spent more than £500 on him in any one year, which we can well afford.

Like joey&boo, mine have an ISA, except mine's the family ISA but it's just me and Matt and the buns, so if any of us needs an emergency 'few quid', it's there. Thankfully Lopsy's not been so unwell that we've spent more than £500 on him in any one year, which we can well afford.

I'm glad we are not the only bunny families with ISA's. Maybe there are some posh buns on here that have impressive portfolios of shares :lol: I haven't actually dipped in at all yet, Joeys 'not really a spur' vet stay was £140 & they've had 9 vaccinations this year but that all came out of my general money. The idea is I use it if I absolutely have to. I've never thought of it as my money.

Back