• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grrrr Family & Rabbits

They are coming over friday and have said they are going to go through all our cupboards and stuff, and As i do crafts and have a lot of craft stuff i have to justify to them everything about why i have it and what its used for and if its a valid reason then i can keep it!!!!!!

What??! :shock: Tell them to mind their own business!!

how cud they say that? poor little buns!!!! havent seen you on here in a while, hows benji???xxxxx

Hi Sarah Jane Benji is fine, becoming quite the cheeky little bun, did you get the email i sent you with althe photos of him??

i havnt been on in a while as we have had so much to do with the house again as our sale fell through so we had to put it back on the market and my aunt died over christmas which was a real shock so i havent been much in the mood for chatting, i just needed an outlet last night as i know how everyone on here would understand how i was feeling, thank god for this forum.

What??! :shock: Tell them to mind their own business!!

Hubby even got moaned at because my mother-in-law found some expensive hair products in our bathroom and she wanted to know what on earth i was doing buying such xpensic=ve stuff and why i used it!!!!

Also she feels we have too much food in our kitchen cupboards!!!

GRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Its not fair i never expected this, they offered to come over and just help us pack up some of our stuff ready for when we move, and now were being made to feel guilty for not living our lives as they see fit, and i have a wimp of a husband who cant and wont stand up to his parents and just sits and agrees with whatever they say HELP!!!

I know how you feel :roll: Personally I find my partner not sticking up for us the most provocing.. Thats what hurts the most.

Sounds to me as if they dont have so much of a problem with you having buns, but they want grandchildren. And as you said, you unfortunately cant give them to her, she is expecting you to adopt or foster to fill her own needs. It doesnt sound like she would be so bothered about the rabbits if you had other children or adopted but she is expecting you to fill a void in her own life and should have nothing to do with tour buns.

Sounds as like she is just targeting them because she sees them as standing in the way. Dont let her get to you, you have to lead your own life, just because she gave birth to your hubby doesnt mean you owe her anything. Hope you get thinks sorted out soon. All the best xx Hugs xx

OMG, going through your cupboards to check what that what you have, is acceptable! If you hubby really is a 'wimp' as you say, then its really up to you to put them in their place. Fair enough if theyre coming over to help, but at the first sign of criticism, I'd tell em where to go.... if you accept their rudeness and dont put your foot down, you'll have a nightmare on your hands... I've been there and I'm still living it with my hag-in-law. Ignore them as much as possible, but dont let them upset you and get away with it, its not fair.

Hi Debs
I would feel same as you in your position. I would just feel happy in the knowledge that you are moving to Scotland and hopefully a long way away from them so you dont have to see them often. Not very nice, I know, but I would rather surround myself with happy people and happy animals than depressing people!!

Hope all goes well with your move.

Back