• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Green House Heater

Christine662

Warren Scout
Hi....

My 2 rescues are in a shed with large run attached with 24/7 access. Ive just ordered a greenhouse tube heater with thermostat & wire cover for the tube. Has anyone else had any experience of using them, are they any good? Its coming tomorrow (hubby sorting power now).

The buns don't seem that bothered by the cold, its me that worries too much I think. They've got 3 different areas to sleep in with nice straw. But they love this little mat that is on the floor in the shed...so I always put a snugglesafe there for them.

Hubby was down in early hours this morning to let the dog out...and he says he was sure he could hear them in the bedroom in the shed. I'm going mad with these buns.:shock:

Christine x

Yes, I have them in my sheds and they're great at keeping it just above freezing so that water bowls don't freeze over. I wouldn't say the shed is 'warm' but it is certainly a few degrees warmer than outside and it does its job of stopping water freezing without affecting the bunnies nice thick winter coat. They are also very cheap to run as they draw less power than a 100 watt lightbulb.

Back