• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gordon is booked at the vets for an X ray UD 12/2 admitted

Thank you again for all your kind words :love:

The diuretic is likely to help him feel alot better. In my experience improvement can be seen in 24 hours. The enalapril will help his heart function, reduce his blood pressure and offer some protection to his kidneys (which can be effected by heart problems). I have had numerous Rabbits with heart failure who have been on both Frusemide and Enalapril and they have all coped really well.

I hope that Gordon will soon be home and that he will feel much more comfortable within himself.

Thank you, that is reassuring to hear. He has been urinating more, and done it on the bed/out the litter tray a few more times which isn't like him so I wonder if I should get his kidneys checked. He had bloods done recently but kidney function wasn't checked. Although I seem to remember it only shows up on blood tests when it has a low function left? Will mention it at the vets anyway.

I really hope the new meds will make him comfortable soon, and that he can come home xx

Thank you again for all your kind words :love:

Thank you, that is reassuring to hear. He has been urinating more, and done it on the bed/out the litter tray a few more times which isn't like him so I wonder if I should get his kidneys checked. He had bloods done recently but kidney function wasn't checked. Although I seem to remember it only shows up on blood tests when it has a low function left? Will mention it at the vets anyway.

If he's now weeing outside of his litter tray, it's likely to be the effect of the diuretic. It takes rabbits (and humans!) by surprise with wanting to 'go' more often. I wouldn't worry about that though of course you could get the kidneys checked at a later stage to make sure all is OK.

Sending hugs Liz xx

Back