• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gordon Bennet- U/D 4th Oct- *HE'S GONE* :-(

I can only echo what everyone else has said to you both. :-( It's such a horrible burden to decide to pts. Jane I hope this run of heartache is over now. xx

Oh Jane and SOAD, I'm so sorry to hear this. Can't do anything but echo others' sentiments, but my thoughts are with you both.

oh no, Jane and SOAD i m sending so many get well bunny vibes for you both!! i hate putting animals to sleep, even though everyone says its for the best and deep down you know it is, it breaks my heart each time. :(

I have spoken with Christobel again as Gordon's face is still swelling :cry:
He is now to have a shot of Baytril aswell as Penicillin plus a strong pain killing injection too.

I may have to let him go this evening :cry: :cry:

Janex

So so sorry Jane. What a horrible time you are having. Sending loads of vibes to you and Gordon Bennet.

Rebec x :cry: :cry:

Sorry to hear about Gordon, how is he now?

Gordon is in a really sorry state :cry: He also has pus in his ear canal, on the same side as the facial abscess/bulging eye :cry:

He is being a very good boy about having all his injections and I think the stronger pain killers have helped.
After yet another chat with Christobel we are going to continue the aggressive treatment for another 5 days ( as long as we can keep Gordon's pain under control) If there is no improvement after 5 days Gordon will be helped to The Bridge :cry:
Me and Christobel agree that it would not be in Gordon's best interests to put him through extensive and VERY painful surgery.

Janex

Gordon is in a really sorry state :cry: He also has pus in his ear canal, on the same side as the facial abscess/bulging eye :cry:

He is being a very good boy about having all his injections and I think the stronger pain killers have helped.
After yet another chat with Christobel we are going to continue the aggressive treatment for another 5 days ( as long as we can keep Gordon's pain under control) If there is no improvement after 5 days Gordon will be helped to The Bridge :cry:
Me and Christobel agree that it would not be in Gordon's best interests to put him through extensive and VERY painful surgery.

Janex

Oh no so sorry to hear that but he might still get better, there is hope :)
I hope you don't mind me asking but how many buns do you have? I was sorry to hear about the boblets as well x

Sorry your having such a terrible time Jane. I really hope he improves under treatment.

Oh no so sorry to hear that but he might still get better, there is hope :)
I hope you don't mind me asking but how many buns do you have? I was sorry to hear about the boblets as well x

I have 41 at the moment. I have to say 'at the moment' as I dont want to tempt fate after losing 6 Bunnies in a week :cry:

Janex

41..... how on earth does your heart cope? are they all rescues too?

Most are Rescues.
I am not sure how my heart has coped this past week :cry: :cry: :cry:
I said to myself 'no more, I cant take the heartache'
Then I saw poor Erin

Picture1316.jpg

So I will continue to do what I can for anyBun in need

Janex

Oh jane, I can`t believe what a horrible time you`re having:cry:

Come on Gordon, get better for your mummy...................

Su.x

Crikey Jane been on holiday for two and half week and cannot believe what you have been through:cry: :cry:
Sending you all my love and lots and lots of vibes.

Thinking of you Jane I really hope Gordon pulls through.

Thinking of you and Daisy too Tree, I know you will do what's best for her.x

Back