• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Goofball's leg is injured--U/D: Goofball passed away on Saturday

Oh my gosh I remember seeing your photos as I love flemish giants. I never even relised she was poorly. BLinkly free little one xxxx

just read this now..i am so sorry for your loss....you get through so much heartache with caring so intensely then one thing comes along out of the blue and whoppmh......

one positive thing...the blackberry treatments....you have learned a very valuable lesson there ..goofball taught you osmething different and new...

binky free goofball.......

id go for a bunny either from a very reliable breeder or a good ole rescue bun....i have two from each of those worlds.....when you feel the time is right i am sure a special bun will find its way to you...and eventually into your heart. xx

goofball..gone but never ever forgotten....

really sorry to hear your sad news Jason:cry::cry: my heart goes out to you as this sad time:cry:

run free Goofball bun xxxxxxx

.you get through so much heartache with caring so intensely then one thing comes along out of the blue and whoppmh......

Thanks everyone. Actually about 1.5 to 2 months ago, there was 1 sign -- her breathing on occasion has some light noise, I should have know that's the upper teeth blocking the nose area. However, it won't make a difference, if we treated her back then, she could passsed away the same way, which gives her 1.5 to 2 months less time.

I've just read this entire thread, and I'm really sorry to hear your sad news. It seems you and Goofball have been on an incredible journey together. She was was one lucky bunny to have had you to take care of her and see her through it. Thank you for sharing your findings it's really an interesting read (I'm sure you gave her precious extra time), and hopefully it will be of help to more bunnies in the future.

I've always admired you avatar picture she sure was a beautiful girl.

Last edited:
Ive only just read this thread Jason.Im so sorry that you lost Goofball.Your care and devotion to Goofball was amazing.

Hello Jason,

I don't come on here as much as I used to be able to but just wanted to say how sad I was to hear the news about Goofball. She was a very special bunny and I remember all your photos of her very well.

Binky free Goofy, special big bunny

x

Back