• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giving a hot water bottle after a spay?

You shouldn't use a hot water bottle on any animal that is still recovering from aneasthetic. If they were unfomrotable they may not be able to move off of it.

You shouldn't use a hot water bottle on any animal that is still recovering from aneasthetic. If they were unfomrotable they may not be able to move off of it.

Thanks for this but its too late now, she had the hot water bottle last night. She was moving and she didn't sit on it.

Been to the vets, she said its a very good sign that she is eating and drinking when i give it to her even if its only a tiny bit. Maisy has 5 different things I have to feed her now and she is back at the vets in just over 24 hours anyway. Think my tummy can stop feeling so nervous now.

You might need to syringe feed her, did the vets give you anything to syringe feed her with? Castiel was exactly the same after his neuter, I had to syringe him his food and his water.

I started syringe feeding her yesterday lunch time and have carried on every since doing it every 2 hours except over night. She is also on loads of other things.
How long did you have to syringe feed Castiel?
I'm just getting worried now and panicing. She is pooing now and eating bits of hay and dandilion here and there but no nuggets or drinking much. Thanks.

she was really cold and it was a few nights ago when it wasn't as hot and after the GA so she couldn't keep her temp up. Anyway she's had a another op tonight and they have given me a heat mat to put in with her (she's also inside now)

I started syringe feeding her yesterday lunch time and have carried on every since doing it every 2 hours except over night. She is also on loads of other things.
How long did you have to syringe feed Castiel?
I'm just getting worried now and panicing. She is pooing now and eating bits of hay and dandilion here and there but no nuggets or drinking much. Thanks.

About 2 days. Oh no what was the other op for? As long as she is pooing and nibbling it sounds like she's on the mend x

Thanks everyone. The op last night was because she had torn the muscle causing a hernia. The cut is twice as big now however they sent her home with me after the op last night and this morning she has pooed and wee'd and is eating hay. Back there at 10.20 to see where we go from here. :) fingers crossed.

Thanks everyone. The op last night was because she had torn the muscle causing a hernia. The cut is twice as big now however they sent her home with me after the op last night and this morning she has pooed and wee'd and is eating hay. Back there at 10.20 to see where we go from here. :) fingers crossed.

:( oh, poor little girl! sounds like she's on the mend though :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Back