• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

getting your bun in their cage/hutch

FOOD

in the morning i open the hutch and they run around the garden, and by the time ive put the pellets in the run, they have jumped on top and into the run.

at night they both stand behind me while i get there veggies out of the fridge then race to see who gets in the hutch first :D

Diddeen said:
BirdieBun said:
quite simple with us just throw some sort of food in her cage shes soon in their like lightning :lol:

I use food too! Basically they have pellets in the morning in their cage and i give them their veggies in the evening when its bedtime.. they run up the stairs as soon as i come out the kitchen!! Altho lately simba has taken to hiding up downstairs but at least he's easy to catch so my bf usually brings him up if he gets left behind :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: Food definitely is the easiest bribe! :wink:

Awwwwwwwww cute so they have now mastered the stairs hun?

And Lynda awwwww Benji the mummy's boy :love:

Can usually say "bed" and point to his cage, and he will go. If he needs a little more persuading, tickle his feet / tail and clap behind his bum. He's a very good boy! :love:

I just pick up Trip and Scarlett. They come running because they get fed pellets at bed time!

I sit in front of malibus hutch and say "kiss and nighty night" and she jumps straight in and lays down. To get her into the run I just walk into it and she comes running to see what Im doing :lol:

youngbunny2 said:
we just pick them up :shock:

Same here. If I bend down, Austin thinks 'nose rubs' and runs over to me. I then just pick him up :)

He's always been good as gold at being handled.

Alice goes home with a pat on the bum. :D

Benny is a different story, he thinks bedtime is chase round the garden time. Being a grey bun as well, he can hide when it's dark so we can't see him. We have to resort to herding him home using the lids off the runs, it's a two person job but keeps us fit!! :lol:

I do the same to the bunnies as they do to me when I'm in their way - I just keep nudging them - eventually they get the idea and go in their hutch. :lol:

Piper has started to hunch down for nose rubs now whenever I go to herd them into their hutch - it's very difficult to do the nudging thing when he looks so cute. :roll:

the happy bee said:
youngbunny2 said:
we just pick them up :shock:

Freak. :wink:

A handful of hay added to the litter tray is all I need. They never cease to get excited by the stuff.

Freaks!! :lol: :lol:

Mine too can only be bribed by food! When they hear the SS rattle in their bowls all seven come piling through the door - anything less and I too, like Touie, would be doing laps of the garden :roll:

Back