• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Geraniums

Its been hectic here at lops lodge lol.. Ive finally got myself into a routine now after adding Bleu. Ive really missed RU but finding the time seemed to be impossible plus one of the dogs spilled a cup of tea on my laptop so had to wait for hubby to fix it. I got the seeds off Ebay for next to nothing. Thats where i got all my seeds last year. Didnt want to pay a lot incase i was a desaster at gardening :lol: but the bok choy was fantastic. How are you mightymax xx

Lovely to hear your news :wave:

How on earth did hubby fix your laptop? One of my rabbits spilled juice all over mine, and it was caput. Completely :(

You grew bok choy from seed? Wow, very impressed!

We are OK thank you .. :) xx

I think bok choy might be the easiest thing to grow lol.. My hubby took it all to bits and cleaned the motherboard thing and circuits with a cotton bun with this solution stuff. It did take him a couple of days but its like new again.

I think bok choy might be the easiest thing to grow lol.. My hubby took it all to bits and cleaned the motherboard thing and circuits with a cotton bun with this solution stuff. It did take him a couple of days but its like new again.

:lol::lol:

Not got buns on the brain or anything :D

i got myself some seeds today, with a few others, I seem to have gone for a blue, purple white theme this year without thinking about it :lol: with a few pink thrown in

Calendula is fine to eat ( for humans as well!), it's the other kind of marigolds (Tagetes varieties) which are not. My buns don't seem to go nuts for calendula so I generally don't feed it but they'll have a nibble now and again on their garden travels. HTH

Calendula is fine to eat ( for humans as well!), it's the other kind of marigolds (Tagetes varieties) which are not. My buns don't seem to go nuts for calendula so I generally don't feed it but they'll have a nibble now and again on their garden travels. HTH

I agree :thumb: I sowed some Calendula yesterday :) The rabbits haven't had it before so we shall see what they think of it in a couple of months.

Completely off topic, but the female pheasants were eating the iris flowers yesterday :shock:

I agree :thumb: I sowed some Calendula yesterday :) The rabbits haven't had it before so we shall see what they think of it in a couple of months.

Completely off topic, but the female pheasants were eating the iris flowers yesterday :shock:

You have iris's out? How lovely! But not so lovely that they are being munched up :(

That's a lovely variety :love:

It looks particularly sophisticated in that photo on the rhs site against the coloured pebbles

Haha, it doesn't look quite so sophisticated now that all the plants have been reduced to short green stems :oops: I thought chickens were bad enough :roll:

Haha, it doesn't look quite so sophisticated now that all the plants have been reduced to short green stems :oops: I thought chickens were bad enough :roll:

Oh dear .. bit of devastation! I thought rabbits were bad also at 'snipping' stems. I can only hope the female pheasants enjoyed their pretty snackettes.

Btw, where do pheasants stand with regards to the avian flu lock down?

Yes. all these pheasants are wild. Although I don't know whether a wild male pheasant should come almost to heel when called with a clicking sound :love: He comes right up to the back door now!

I think the restrictions would apply only when the pheasants are being raised, when they would be housed anyway.

A tame wild pheasant - you've invented a new category :love:

Are you still feeding him acorns?

A tame wild pheasant - you've invented a new category :love:

Are you still feeding him acorns?

Yes, that's true :) I think ornithologists would use the term confiding rather than tame.

Hoppity has now realised that shortly after dawn my OH goes outside to check on the chickens and rabbits. So he now waits for him every morning just outside the back door :love:

No more acorns, but he's realised that he likes chicken pellets. He eats several handfuls at a time!

Back