• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Geraniums

Yes, that's true :) I think ornithologists would use the term confiding rather than tame.

Hoppity has now realised that shortly after dawn my OH goes outside to check on the chickens and rabbits. So he now waits for him every morning just outside the back door :love:

No more acorns, but he's realised that he likes chicken pellets. He eats several handfuls at a time!

Oh bless him :love:

Is OH as attached to Hoppety as he is to OH?

Thank you Omi :)

I too looked into the possibility of growing geraniums from seed. But when I did, I found that not only were they tricky to germinate, but that they didn't flower for the first 2/3 years :shock: No good at all!

On a quick search of geranium pratense, I found this link:

http://wildseed.co.uk/species/view/58

I haven't had chance to scour it - or the Internet - for growing from seed info, but I think buying some plants and some seed (just of the g.pratense) might be a good compromise?

I have a fair amount of ground which could certainly do with livening up with rabbit fodder :D

My Geranium pratense seed, sown on the 6 March, has just started to germinate :D So, only 2 or 3 years to wait until they flower :lol:

ETA Just realised I didn't reply to your last post about Hoppity :) Yes, OH is very attached to him. He regularly comes several times a day now.

Last edited:
My Geranium pratense seed, sown on the 6 March, has just started to germinate :D So, only 2 or 3 years to wait until they flower :lol:

ETA Just realised I didn't reply to your last post about Hoppity :) Yes, OH is very attached to him. He regularly comes several times a day now.

Lol 😂

:love:

What does OH feed him?

Lovely :D

Are your chickens pleased to be 'free' now?

I think they have short memories :lol: They appear content though.

The three hens had teatime pellets on the lawn in a group together with Hoppity and one of the females :love:

Back