• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FUSSY rabbit!! help!

KirstiRobinson

Warren Scout
My little Charlie bun has been so spoilt recently as she's so unwell that she's become so fussy it's almost painful!

She will only eat the end of a leaf, only the dark green parts of spring greens (she looks disgusted if i dare offer light green leaves)
she won't eat apple now unless i take the skin off either :(

She used to love this thing from PAH called herbal harvest and now i can't even tempt her with that! She's on muesli now as she wouldn't eat pellets anymore not even baby ones which are apparently tastier but she will only eat one thing from the muesli and leaves the rest!

She won't eat barley rings and she doesn't like oats! The only thing she likes is greens and they make her bum runny help :(

Hahahahaha - I've been through that too - if she's been unwell I suppose it is another story, but I just went cold turkey on the "fine foods", and after 3 days of being offered nothing but hay, the little girl was quite happy to accept most other staple foods :) Mind you, she wasn't very cuddly during those 3 days...

Good luck!

Poor Charlie has had lots of problems hasn't she :cry:

Is she on any medication at all now ?

Has she had her teeth checked recently ?

Does she drink a lot more than she used to ?

She's on metacam, fibre plex and panacur at the moment!
Her teeth are ok and i've looked at them myself and they seem ok! She's not drinking more than normal and i had blood tests done on her and everything was slightly below average but not bad enough for them to say what the problem is and xrays haven't shown anything :(

She's on metacam, fibre plex and panacur at the moment!
Her teeth are ok and i've looked at them myself and they seem ok! She's not drinking more than normal and i had blood tests done on her and everything was slightly below average but not bad enough for them to say what the problem is and xrays haven't shown anything :(

You wont be able to see her back teeth, where most problems would be, without an otoscope, and then its hard to see, they cant see all the teeth and any spurs without putting them under GA.

I'd have her teeth checked by a vet if I were you :) I think I read dental problems being the number one cause of anorexia in rabbits.

My newly adopted bun was not a hay fan and I was worried he may end up being a dental bun so I got a sample from the hay experts along with some dried plantain, fresh forage and alpine meadow hay. Well worth the £14 all in as he is now nomming the hay with enthusiasm. He even climbs in the bags if I let him. He turns his nose up at carrot, savoury monster here we come and hopefully no tussie peg probs.

You wont be able to see her back teeth, where most problems would be, without an otoscope, and then its hard to see, they cant see all the teeth and any spurs without putting them under GA.

I'd have her teeth checked by a vet if I were you :) I think I read dental problems being the number one cause of anorexia in rabbits.

I understand what your saying but Charlie has got internal organ failure, EC and coccidia, i don't think it's her teeth :( although i wish it was!

I've been through this with Alfred, after his op, I gradually cut back on some of the "goodies" and that did help.

Also - I found him to be really faddy too, sometimes he'd love spring greens, other times it would be kale, but at first as long as he was eating, then that was what mattered, then once I'd started cutting back he would wolf it down!

I had so much green stuff for him in the fridge I could barely fit in any wine.... Nearly had to resort to switching to red...

Back