• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fun thread / Competition - Guess Eddy's weight

I've secretly been thinking most of you are nuts :lol: however I picked him up last night & he does feel heavier than I expected. Bob & I have noticed he has "filled out" quite a lot - which really shouldn't happen to a 3 year old bunny. I fear a fat shaming from Ruth coming on.

She weighed several of mine today. I have fixed the scales... I just hope you get FHB's consulting room or it was a waste of effort :lol:

When Ruth was weighing Amber I decided that she was about the same size and build as Eddy .. she weighed in at 2.4 so I am waaay out.

Hopefully she will have de-fluffed from handling Eloise by the time she sees you next week.

PS I am £170 down after today's consultations, I hope you fair better!!

Last edited:
Omi - on the 21st. Pets mum - no! much as I like you

She weighed several of mine today. I have fixed the scales... I just hope you get FHB's consulting room or it was a waste of effort :lol:

When Ruth was weighing Amber I decided that she was about the same size and build as Eddy .. she weighed in at 2.4 so I am waaay out.

Hopefully she will have de-fluffed from handling Eloise by the time she sees you next week.

PS I am £170 down after today's consultations, I hope you fair better!!

Well i don't suppose I'll fair that much better as both due vaccs. well strictly speaking Boo isn't due til Jan but it will be good to have them in synch. How much is 2 x vaccs & health checks nowadays?

Omi - on the 21st. Pets mum - no! much as I like you

Well i don't suppose I'll fair that much better as both due vaccs. well strictly speaking Boo isn't due til Jan but it will be good to have them in synch. How much is 2 x vaccs & health checks nowadays?

First vac is £56.40, we didn't have a second vac today so not sure, about £5 less

I spent ages in the waiting room today (somebody was saying a final goodbye so not complaining, rather wait than doing what they were doing) but there were 3 big dogs in there, one doing an excited whine at the presence of the bunnies. I had forgotten how pleasant it was being in the car park. You can't even hide in the "cat corner" these days as they were unloading a delivery and being rather brisk. It's the only practice I have visited recently that doesn't have a small animal quiet corner. Having said that, the P@H Colne quiet corner is next to the dog groomers so not really that quiet and hideaway-y.)

Also, CLV is advertising for 2 more vets, looks like 1.5 of f/t post. They already have 6 vets there.. I think they are already too busy for the layout of that building. They are starting with nurse consultations now but with only 2 consulting rooms... could be interesting.

Last edited:
First vac is £56.40, we didn't have a second vac today so not sure, about £5 less

I spent ages in the waiting room today (somebody was saying a final goodbye so not complaining, rather wait than doing what they were doing) but there were 3 big dogs in there, one doing an excited whine at the presence of the bunnies. I had forgotten how pleasant it was being in the car park. You can't even hide in the "cat corner" these days as they were unloading a delivery and being rather brisk. It's the only practice I have visited recently that doesn't have a small animal quiet corner. Having said that, the P@H Colne quiet corner is next to the dog groomers so not really that quiet and hideaway-y.)

Also, CLV is advertising for 2 more vets, looks like 1.5 of f/t post. They already have 6 vets there.. I think they are already too busy for the layout of that building. They are starting with nurse consultations now but with only 2 consulting rooms... could be interesting.

thanks BB. Boo had vacs at vets for pets in Jan & was 69.50 (just checked) so much of a muchness price wise

eta no it isn't - significantly cheaper really, will pay the petrol I'd have thought...maybe

thanks BB. Boo had vacs at vets for pets in Jan & was 69.50 (just checked) so much of a muchness price wise

eta no it isn't - significantly cheaper really, will pay the petrol I'd have thought...maybe

I got a DNA charge at V4P in Colne! I am not a DNAer. I just had a headache and completely forgot and went to sleep. I woke to the ping of the text message telling me I needed to pay them for the missed appointment. Given that nowhere in their T&C it said you had to pay if you DNAed I'm not sure if it is actually legal for them to charge. I was pretty ***ed off about it. I do remember booking a rabbit for a free neuter (a P@H adoptee) and having to pay a deposit for the surgery despite giving them a voucher. They were quite unfriendly with the way they handled it all. Then getting them to give me my £20 back wasn't straight forward. I won't be using them again, Silver status or not.

I wish Ruth would go full-time though, restricting visits to Mondays and an hour on Tuesdays isn't great. Bunnies don't understand this when being poorly either. I miss Heather but of course they don't like to book routine stuff with H. I really miss the good old days with Frances.

1.6, 1.8, 1.9, 2.0, 2.21, 2.3, 2.4, 2.45, 2.55, 2.6, 2.65, 2.69

the above are the claimed weights. Any more guesses for the little / big weigh in tomorrow?

Back