• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fun thread / Competition - Guess Eddy's weight

who ate all Boobly bears pies?

cBWA55ml.jpg

UzeINyWl.jpg

Ahhhhh the excitement! It's killing me! [emoji38]

I think I've under estimated too [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Message me your address Graicee, I don't have your new one.

I'm quite pleased with their health checks - Ruth was very thorough. Both had vaccs too.

Eddy has great teeth & all is well with him. She said he certainly isn't fat but she "wouldn't like him to be any heavier". I take that as get his weight down just a tad. Booblys teeth are good :love: I'm so proud of her, to think at one time she was having dentals every 6 weeks. She has lost weight though. I think the obvious thing is he just eats so much quicker than Boo & can obvious use more faculties to hunt food down. Plus he is awake so much more. They are both great hay eaters but he's the only rabbit I've known who runs out of the litter tray when he gets a really nice bit of hay, in the way other bunnies run off with prized food. I'm hoping it should be quite easy to get his weight down abit & hers up by feeding a dozen nuggets at night & Boobly can have extras as private feeds in the lounge. I'll give her tiny bits of fruit too. Eddy was good on the journey. He lay still in the one place while Boobly fumbled round & mainly say on his head. he was scared at the vets but he was a very good boy. Boo is always a good girl

Aww Graciee a worthy winner ! I'm so pleased that they got on ok though, that's the main thing. Was a fun thread though J & B :D

So maybe time to review nuggets

worth putting Boo on junior ones for her private feeds?

I don't think I need to do anything drastic with Eddy, will try the nugget reduction & prob keep him on SS

Well done bunnies :) And well done Graciee :)

I don't think I would change the type of pellets, but then I'm very cynical and think most of the special age type pellets are just a way of them making extra money. Otherwise why do they need to be more expensive.

Shortly after Froe arrived here I started to hand feed pellets. Main reason is that Tui eats so much faster than Froe. Also I feel better if I know how much each bunny eats. So I feed SS pellets, 3 eggcupfuls between two in the summer and 4 eggcupfuls between two in the winter. The difference in seasons will obviously not be an issue for you. I reckon Tui has about twice as many as Froe, perhaps a bit more. So that probably means Froe gets about 1-1 1/2 eggcupfuls per day. I feed these in 3 sittings spread out during the day. You may not even need to reduce the number of pellets you normally feed, just make sure that Eddy doesn't pinch half of Boo's.

When Tan was getting elderly and losing a bit of weight, I used to give her extra food on the side. I used Fibafirst sticks for that, but I could just as easily just fed more of their usual pellets.

Maybe consider giving Boo a small piece of carrot now and again rather than fruit.

Loved this thread and well done Graciee. And huge well done to hunk Eddy and beautiful Boo coming through thorough health checks with flying colours. :love:

Well done bunnies :) And well done Graciee :)

I don't think I would change the type of pellets, but then I'm very cynical and think most of the special age type pellets are just a way of them making extra money. Otherwise why do they need to be more expensive.

Shortly after Froe arrived here I started to hand feed pellets. Main reason is that Tui eats so much faster than Froe. Also I feel better if I know how much each bunny eats. So I feed SS pellets, 3 eggcupfuls between two in the summer and 4 eggcupfuls between two in the winter. The difference in seasons will obviously not be an issue for you. I reckon Tui has about twice as many as Froe, perhaps a bit more. So that probably means Froe gets about 1-1 1/2 eggcupfuls per day. I feed these in 3 sittings spread out during the day. You may not even need to reduce the number of pellets you normally feed, just make sure that Eddy doesn't pinch half of Boo's.

When Tan was getting elderly and losing a bit of weight, I used to give her extra food on the side. I used Fibafirst sticks for that, but I could just as easily just fed more of their usual pellets.

Maybe consider giving Boo a small piece of carrot now and again rather than fruit.

I've always fed my bunnies fruit but its really irregular & only finger nail sliced pieces. Boo for instance has the strawberry tops with a bit of flesh, samples the odd blackcurrant, bit of pear or apple, rosehips. TBF Eddy isn't indulged but he's the 1st bun I've had in years & years who is on chunky side. When Joey was poorly with his foot thing they were on daily blueberries - 2 each . There isn't much fruit kicking round this house but don't worry, it will be tiny morsels.

I already ordered junior food:oops: I think (well they claim) that the balance of proteins, carbs etc are different. They were normal price though. I'm going to stick with my plan just because its most workable & if I'm honest, their bedtime nuggets is not a good time for hand feeding . Boo is obsessed with her midnight nugget routine. In the old house she'd herd us upstairs. Ohh I'll also continue with the coriander trick - he likes it so much Boo gets headstart on nuggets. She eats like a dental bun

Loved this thread and well done Graciee. And huge well done to hunk Eddy and beautiful Boo coming through thorough health checks with flying colours. :love:

thanks craig, all in all they did pretty well, super pleased with boo's teeth. Just need to adjust their weights but it feels achievable - I'm motivated

"Eddy has great teeth & all is well with him. She said he certainly isn't fat but she "wouldn't like him to be any heavier"."

Dusty's weight at her last vet's appointment was 2.2kg and the vet said exactly the same thing, then added 'a lot of it is fluff though.' I guessed 2.3kg at first but Gracie already had that so I revised too far upwards. It's a nice weight - chunky-ish but still small.

Last edited:
Forage & Zipeddy on their way to you Graicee. When I was sorting your forage Eddy was dancing all over my feet. I like to think he was happy about sharing but in reality I think he was hoping I'd share :lol:

Forage & Zipeddy on their way to you Graicee. When I was sorting your forage Eddy was dancing all over my feet. I like to think he was happy about sharing but in reality I think he was hoping I'd share [emoji38]
Ooo thank you :D

I hope he got some! [emoji38]

Thank you so much [emoji7] the shower gel smells so good too!

Had to share this, Percy started tucking in immediately but Agnes was like what is this?! She's so fussy [emoji38]
f24ab9c8c1052d2730366868771101de.jpg
24acd9bf9d23c9161a0cee4470d22415.jpg

Thank you so much [emoji7] the shower gel smells so good too!

Had to share this, Percy started tucking in immediately but Agnes was like what is this?! She's so fussy [emoji38]
f24ab9c8c1052d2730366868771101de.jpg
24acd9bf9d23c9161a0cee4470d22415.jpg

Aww, lovely piggies :love: hope Agnes has sampled some now !

:love: they so cute. :lol: Agnes' face - she looks disgusted:lol:

Aww thanks, I'm glad you think Eddy smells good

8 days to arrive:shock: my customers are being very patient so far. Totally support RM's right to strike but its right PITA (as I guess is the intention)

Back