• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fudge today - some questions

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Well over night fudge hasnt eaten much on her own, which im disappointed in but she took her meds this morning around 10.30 and has taken a few ml of her syringe feed! I dont want to over feed her to allow her to want to eat her food! Im doing another feed at 3.30 with her meds and the last one at 8 with the last of her meds from today, is this ok?

She is only wanting to eat mint, basil and her dried carrot treats!

Is it ok to give her mint and basil when she hasnt had it since before xmas? I try to give little fresh food to stop her getting gassy as shes prone to it but its the only thing she wants to eat just now so is it ok to give her some after every feed?

Also she had a dirty bum this morning (the poop shes ment to eat, it was more smooshy and stuck to her bum. More runny than normal) could this be caused by the antibiotics or the fresh food?

One other thing i would like to ask is she hates the syringe feed, no wonder it looks horrible and smells horrible. Can i water her pellets down and either give that instead or add it to the feed to give it a better flavour? And once i make up the feed can i keep it and use it for the whole day and slightly heat it back up? or do i need to keep remaking it?

Sorry for the lost post just need some advice :wave:

I'm sorry I can't offer any advice as I have no experience but just wanted to send some get well soon vibes to Fudge!

Back