• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fruit Juices

I'm guilty of giving Maisy the odd treat too. And she absolutely loves dried apricots, I only have to touch the bag and she is next to me, she also runs off with it to a corner to enjoy it by herself! Are green beans safe, I have some here for her if so :)? On a different note, just noticed the little burger has nibbled the rubber off the grip of my pen, about a whole inch of it. Obviously not good but she should be ok? :shock:

I'm not sure about green beans - I have a feeling they're a no no but have a search on the forum as I'm sure the question has been asked before. ;)

Apples naturally contain apple juices.
Is it ok to give rabbits a tiny bit of apple juice with water once a month or so?[/I]

Is this really that insane a question? As long as it doesn't cause dysbiosis and doesn't rot the teeth, all I can see are benefits. It would encourage my rabbit to drink more, and probably put him in more of a binky mood than usual. With a "once a month" kind of frequency, I doubt my rabbit will get diabetes.

Your op didn't explain that it would be a one a month thing - you asked how often you could give him apple juice, and I assumed it would be on a far more regular basis than that. A tiny bit of apple juice as a treat once a month wouldn't hurt, I'm sure, but why not just give him a small piece of apple instead?

I don't see how juice in his water would encourage him to drink more, since his water is only going to taste nice once a month. :lol: If you're worried that he isn't drinking enough, try some lukewarm water (mine seem to prefer their water with a splash of boiled water from the kettle) or it may be that he's getting a lot of moisture from his veggies.

Nobody was saying that buns don't have preferences but I also know that my 3 kids would happily scoff sweets all day if I allowed them to but it doesn't mean that they get them. :)

Back