• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frozen Fruits?

AzuraSunshine

Warren Scout
It will be summer here soon (kind of :/) and I was just wondering if the bunnies could have frozen fruits.

I'm already building up my supply of frozen water bottles, As I will need them for myself the bunnies the rats and the dogs! (I put them in there water bowl and kennel)

For the most part they will be under cover/in the shade anyway, but they will still be outside, so I need ideas! :p

(Also, what part of the lavender can they eat? and does it have to be dried?)

It's probably not the same, but I tried to give mine small pieces of frozen veg before (once they'd been defrosted) and they just weren't interested. I think the freezing process must have affected the flavour or something. I don't see why you couldn't give them a small piece of froozen fruit though to see if they like it.

Hi,

I have read in several places that both rabbits and guinea pigs should not be given frozen vegetables, it is not explained why in any of the places I have read this but my assumption would be that it is because of the freezing process causing a depletion in the vitamin content and/or once the food as defrosted there may be a higher chance of bacterial activity, which we would avoid by cooking the food from frozen but obviously the veg/fruit will remain raw for the rabbits consumption.

I hope that helps in some way.

Lu xx

Back