• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Friend needs to rehome her rabbit or it will be put to sleep

Of course Liz, we would be happy with whatever you/your friend decide is best for the bunny. We don't expect preferential treatment because we asked first but the offer is there. We have a large hutch, no worries there. Just want to know she has a chance :)

It looks like transport to eyerollchamp can be arranged, thank you so much to everyone that is helping and those who have offered help. I will post again this evening, my friend is OK with the arrangements so it looks like bunny will have a happy life after all :love: She is about 4 years old though , not 2 sorry, is that a problem?

Woo hoo! No problem at all! :)
Thanks everyone! Never found such a forum of lovely people before. :love:

We promise we will give her the absolute best life possible. She'll be spoilt rotten xxx

Do you need me to do part of the journey? I can drive an hour(ish) if I have a short break for a coffee and to stretch my legs and shoulders/neck before I drive back. When I have done bunny runs before we've swapped at services and I've had a bag of chips, a drink, used the loo and then been completely OK for the drive home. Gives the bun a chance to have a drink and nom some hay too as I've found most buns won't eat whilst moving.

Happy to help if needed. I just hate the idea of a bunny being pts when it isn't necessary for health reasons. I can't adopt any more while I am still paying off a huge vet bill so can't rehome the bunny myself sadly but it's fantastic there are offers of good homes.

Do you need me to do part of the journey? I can drive an hour(ish) if I have a short break for a coffee and to stretch my legs and shoulders/neck before I drive back. When I have done bunny runs before we've swapped at services and I've had a bag of chips, a drink, used the loo and then been completely OK for the drive home. Gives the bun a chance to have a drink and nom some hay too as I've found most buns won't eat whilst moving.

Happy to help if needed. I just hate the idea of a bunny being pts when it isn't necessary for health reasons. I can't adopt any more while I am still paying off a huge vet bill so can't rehome the bunny myself sadly but it's fantastic there are offers of good homes.
I can go all the way Nottingham to Hampshire on any of my full days off so maybe not? I've PMed Liz with my availability :) Otherwise, if you can do evenings, I can go as far as, say, Abingdon on a weeknight?

She said she'd tried camp nibble but they have no room.

We do sadly have to operate with a waiting list as will always be full. However, if your friend wanted to fill in the animal surrender form on our website (campnibble.com) explaining the situation, and that the rabbit is not currently being appropriately cared for (a large rabbit in a 4ft cage etc.) we would be able to add this rabbit to our waiting list to offer a rescue space to just as soon as possible. I assumme we have probably offered to do this already though if she has already contacted us.

By the sounds of it the bunny may have found somewhere lovely to go though already which is great news :)

Last edited:
Camp Nibble, I completely understand, my previous post came across a bit blunt but I was typing quickly as was at work! I would have thought she would have been added to a waiting list, but just going by my friends word that she had actually spoke to you so not sure on that one.

My friend and I are glad Snowy will be going to a lovely home like she deserves where she can be herself and hopefully will become much calmer. Thank you again every one involved :love:

Back