• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

french lops

:lol:He just flops out on her :lol:

Seeing the way Nigel is now I'd never have a lone bunny again, even though he always had the cat and us for company.
I personally wouldn't keep giants outside either, because they need so much space, they are such characters and good company and so easy to house train. :)

Well i can understand why you would choose a breeder i have been looking for ages on rr for a single frenchy female to bond with my boy and i have ended up getting a baby from a lovely breeder. I would not suggest going to a petshop tho. At least if you go to the breeders you can see mum and dad and the conditions its coming from.

Hi :wave:
I have a French lop bonded with a Flemish giant as house bunnies. They love each other, but since they have been together Nigel (my frenchie) has become really affectionate towards us too. :)

DSCN1214-1.jpg

DSCN1228-1.jpg

DSCN1208-1.jpg

:):)

Do you know what,you pictures have won me over.To see 2buns laying like that would melt my heart.Wish hubby would let me get B a partner but he has put his foot down,but promised that we can get an already bonded pair in the future-so ive half won the battle.God those pictures are beautiful.Im afraid i am a giant lover.

Do you know what,you pictures have won me over.To see 2buns laying like that would melt my heart.Wish hubby would let me get B a partner but he has put his foot down,but promised that we can get an already bonded pair in the future-so ive half won the battle.God those pictures are beautiful.Im afraid i am a giant lover.
My husband said no about 270 times, but he gave in eventually :lol::lol: now he loves Gladys, and he loves Nigel even more now he is more friendly and affectionate.
Show him these pics and go - "but it would be a rescue" "had a bad life" "saved from ..... (insert dire situation here)..." "please" "please" "please" "please" "please" "please" "i'll do that thing/buy that thing/ cook that thing you always wanted etc." Puppy eyes and looking sadly at your bunny and at the computer also helps! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(the fact that I clean up after them, defur the whole house, get all the food and hay and do anything bunny related that needs doing also helps! :roll:)

No decent rescue would use a "ploy" to get people to adopt :shock: They want the best owner for the buns - yes, they could probably get more "sales" if they did various things but it's not about the money, or they'd never get involved in rescuing in the first place :roll:

i would definately keep them in pairs. my first french lop was on his own and a house rabbit but now seeeing how my current two are with each other i would always keep them in pairs. they have bonded to my dwarf lop as well and all get on really well

siona your bunnys are gorgeous:love:

008.jpg

bluebell and jet in their bed together

Oh they are soooo cute i love frenchies. My boy had his ahem *nuts* :oops: off yesterday so he can have a wife bless him

My husband said no about 270 times, but he gave in eventually :lol::lol: now he loves Gladys, and he loves Nigel even more now he is more friendly and affectionate.
Show him these pics and go - "but it would be a rescue" "had a bad life" "saved from ..... (insert dire situation here)..." "please" "please" "please" "please" "please" "please" "i'll do that thing/buy that thing/ cook that thing you always wanted etc." Puppy eyes and looking sadly at your bunny and at the computer also helps! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(the fact that I clean up after them, defur the whole house, get all the food and hay and do anything bunny related that needs doing also helps! :roll:)

Yes ive already got your pics at the ready to show him when he comes in!!:lol:Did you have a male or female 1st?Ive heard its harder to bond an already resident female.

Yes ive already got your pics at the ready to show him when he comes in!!:lol:Did you have a male or female 1st?Ive heard its harder to bond an already resident female.

I had Nigel first but he was very territorial. I took him with me to ARC to meet Gladys then they shared a carrier on the journey back.
After that they spent approx 60 hrs in a 5x2x2ft pen in the front room with sheets and towels, a litter tray and a water bowl but scattered food not bowls.
Once they settled in there I let them have the whole room, then finally the house.
Then I put those used sheets in Nigel's favourite territories (under the table, under the bed etc.) before he got there so it smelled of both of them, and he was fine. :)

I'd also cleaned and descented where possible before hand.

Is it not possible for you to have two siblings from the off? It would save you the hassle of bonding later on? My boys were 6 inches long when I first had them so that gave me time to save for a bigger home etc. It would be lovely if you could have a brother and sister/two sisters/two brothers.

Regarding keeping them outside and bringing them in - be aware that its not good for rabbits to keep going into a warm house after being used to living in the garden. Rabbits suffer with the heat more than they do the cold and so taking them into a warm house from a cold winter morning will not do them any good...:?

Might be an idea to consider one or the other - obviously its fine for the summer because the house is probably the same temp as outside but its just the winter months that I would be concerned about. Humans get colds being exposed to frosty days and then hot centrally heated houses every day. I think for a rabbit, it could suppress their immune system......? Anybody agree with this?

Haha, that's nice. It's fine for when they are young but trust me, you will need one for each rabbit eventually :D

Where abouts are you anyway?

I have a french lop. Shes lazy but has a character! Shes not the friendlist bun, but is very naughty, espec when it comes to chewing!!!

They are pretty big animals. Lopsy is about 9months old and she is huge, i can just manage to pick her up!

She has just been bonded with my other bunny Bo, shes abit nasty with him but there getting there.

All i would say is consider the space a french lop would need, from growing, to being fully grown...lol

xx

I have 2 house frenchies.
I love seeing them snuggled up together and always feel really privileged when they lie next to me. They don't always sleep together and have different favorite places. Lottie likes the windowsil and Hubble sleeps under the table.
Both of mine follow me about like puppies and definatly see me as more than just a food provider, I'm more than happy to interact with them on their terms. To me it shows that they choose to spend time with me rather than just being desperate for any company

Copyof25-12-2006107.jpg

Hubble and Lottie doing what they do best

Last edited:
Back