• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

french lops

I got my Frenchies from a breeder too and seemed to be waiting forever for them (sadly Jasper had tp be PTS this year and I now have a Flemish Giant Willis bonded with Honey). It'll be worth it, don't worry!

I just noticed on your siggy that you have 4 and 2 yr old girls. My boys are 4, 2 and 11mths. Is your eldest at school yet or does she go this time? William goes this September :).

You do not need two french lop rabbits if your new edition is going to get plenty of human interaction. This is merely a cunning ploy used by rescue centres and some pet shops to make an extra sale.

If you you do get two french lop rabbits they will merely reguard you as the food provider, if you want your french lop rabbit to bond very closely with you and your family then only get one - and you will become the friend.

********!

I have two frenchies and I am not merely the food provider.
I am a friend, a plaything, a comforting fuss if something startles them, we watch tv together and if I'm sad charm will always be willing to snuggle me for hours.

I did have charm on his own for a while and he made it clear that although he loves me, he needed someone of his own species.Someone he can talk to so to speak. It is NOT a cunning ploy! Rabbits, like humans need social interaction from their own species as well as others.

My eldest is at school. She goes to a special needs school and is still in the nursery part. She has DiGeorge syndrome which has caused her to have a very complex cardiac condition, lowered immunity, sever gastric reflux (she has a gastrostomy but she can eat and drink but it's limited), bowel problems, poor muscle tone (she has only just started walking), her feet turn inwards (she has special boots with insoles in to help correct this) and global learning delay. She is the sweetest thing ever though. She loves animals and I know she'll be fab when we get a bunny, she is extremely careful.

Wow just read through that it does sound like a lot but she is really just like any other child, we're used to her having all these problems and we just get on with it. She is a wonderful.

Aww, bless her. My 4yr old has Charcot Marie Tooth Disease (CMT) which is a neuromuscular condition, obviously nothing as severe as your little one but we're trying to persuade him to wear splints on his feet and legs at the moment. He needs something to keep his feet at a right angle at least, if they drop downwards and the tendons shorten then he'll be looking at surgery to correct it. School is a bit of a worry, wondering what he will and won't be able to cope with and hoping the other children aren't cruel to him :(. It's genetic and my husband and my father in law have it too. My middle son seems to be ok and we don't know about the baby yet, although I have my suspicions that he may have it too.

It's upsetting isn't it because you just want everything to be easy for them and in these situations we're unable to help them. Nevermind, good for you for just getting on with it, my husband is very much like that and it's def the right disposition to have :D.

Your daughter sounds fab! My daughters problems are nothing compared to yours but she has congenital hip dysplasia and was a late walker, and was in a full spica cast for 5 months just before she was 3. People used to say 'how do you cope with her extra care' but as you said, it just becomes normal and easy!
My daughter has been great with our 2 bunnys. Every morning she goes outside before I do and just sits talking to Oscar and Charlotte. She knows not to touch or hassle them, and I think they prefer her to me now! She's 5 in September.

Back