• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fox Hunting

I'm not too sure whether there's a difference between the technique in fox hunting and deer hunting, but my uncle hunts deer. I don't like the thought of it, but his family and him eat every piece of the animal, and he makes sure the deer is killed quickly and as humanly as possible. Still, the thought of me killling animals just doesn't quite stick.

He's only doing it to get the snotty rich votes. You see all those obscene banner, 'Fight the Prejudice', well you know what? it's not a prejudice, you're still killing and torturing a living being, i couldn't give a toss how you feel you've been discriminated. I've met a few of those people and they're soooo smug about it, i want to punch them in the ******* face.
I think by calling them snotty rich ******** you are being prejudice in a kind of reverse snob way. If it was council estate chavs doing it it would probably get a grant and be classed as something to keep them off the streets. Do I now sound prejudice? :roll:

I'm not saying hunting the way it is done is right because I dont think it is I think its cruel and barbaric and I hate it. Country folk use it as a form of pest control. There are many people in this country who wish to eat meat (myself not included) and in order for them to do that farms have to produce it. I have seen the damage foxes can do to fences and livestock, they often kill without even eating what they have killed. Urban foxes also cause damage in cities as they tend to forage through bins etc for food.

My personal thoughts would be yes carry on with drag hunting from a sport point of view although may have to dress differently so as not to be looked down upon by anyone anti hunt :? And research into some kind of pest/ population control in a humane way. Maybe introduce something which causes sterilisation but is pain and suffering free. Just my thoughts.

I have to be honest I am on for hunting not to be banned but I think that the anti fox crowd are completly mislead about the "sport". Unfortunatly there are a few bad hunts in the UK who are pretty barbaric in their way of going. they are the people who you need to focus your attention on not all hunts.. I am a member of a hunt and I can tell you the last time a fox was killed on one of our hunts was 1968!!! we feed the hounds the morning before the hunt so they have no desire to flush out and chase foxes but the will follow the horn and the horses (we also do not allow any hounds to be used for private fox or rabbit hunting so they dont get the taste) we ride along set tracks which we check for foxs regurarly if a fox set is found then we alter the course around surrounding fields to avoid any accidental kills. we also work with several anti hunt and animal whelfare groups to ensure that our hunt is humane! since doing this we have had no trouble or protesting and never have killed or harmed any foxes.

NOW some anti hunt protesters are more barbaric than us!!! I have seen horses get caught up in barbed wire that has been laced through hedges the that we checked and passed the day before morning of the hunt. I know this is true because horse mine infact recieved 300 stiches and could never be ridden again due to the severity of injuries so spent the rest of her life grazing in a field with the younger horses! plus I was nearly killed in the accident and recieved a dislocated shoulder and severed the lower half of my ear off.. I have known of and seen of pits to be dug in a track and covered over for the horses to trip into. the thought being the rider would fall off, but all this does is break horses legs and they have to be shot as a horse will not recover or stay still long enough for the leg to heal properly. in one hunt 3 horses were killed in one pit! now what is more barbaric I ask you?!

Now I agree there are several hunts that should be banned, but I do think both anti and pro hunt groups need to talk rationally about a solution that is acceptable. I do agree the english hunts are more geared towards the kill than ours. for us its a good day out on horse back!

we are solely on heeping the essence of the hunt alive which was founded 150 odd years ago but in reality it is mainly cross country riding and a bit of fun every saturday morning.. if anybody has any proper questions I would be happy to answer.

I have to be honest I am on for hunting not to be banned but I think that the anti fox crowd are completly mislead about the "sport". Unfortunatly there are a few bad hunts in the UK who are pretty barbaric in their way of going. they are the people who you need to focus your attention on not all hunts.. I am a member of a hunt and I can tell you the last time a fox was killed on one of our hunts was 1968!!! we feed the hounds the morning before the hunt so they have no desire to flush out and chase foxes but the will follow the horn and the horses (we also do not allow any hounds to be used for private fox or rabbit hunting so they dont get the taste) we ride along set tracks which we check for foxs regurarly if a fox set is found then we alter the course around surrounding fields to avoid any accidental kills. we also work with several anti hunt and animal whelfare groups to ensure that our hunt is humane! since doing this we have had no trouble or protesting and never have killed or harmed any foxes.

NOW some anti hunt protesters are more barbaric than us!!! I have seen horses get caught up in barbed wire that has been laced through hedges the that we checked and passed the day before morning of the hunt. I know this is true because horse mine infact recieved 300 stiches and could never be ridden again due to the severity of injuries so spent the rest of her life grazing in a field with the younger horses! plus I was nearly killed in the accident and recieved a dislocated shoulder and severed the lower half of my ear off.. I have known of and seen of pits to be dug in a track and covered over for the horses to trip into. the thought being the rider would fall off, but all this does is break horses legs and they have to be shot as a horse will not recover or stay still long enough for the leg to heal properly. in one hunt 3 horses were killed in one pit! now what is more barbaric I ask you?!

I'm not too sure whether there's a difference between the technique in fox hunting and deer hunting, but my uncle hunts deer. I don't like the thought of it, but his family and him eat every piece of the animal, and he makes sure the deer is killed quickly and as humanly as possible. Still, the thought of me killling animals just doesn't quite stick.

Well, when you hunt deer generally you shoot them. Unless you miss the fatal shot the deer will die instantly. It's not ideal but at least your family eat the animal so it is not a wasted life.

With Fox hunting, the poor animal is chased for miles to the point of exhaustion, finds a den to hide in and is dug out and ripped apart by dogs and just left there.

It is a cruel, terrifying, pointless and painful way to die!

My mum and dad were going into town yesterday and the Hunt was out in full force and there were hundreds of supporters. Surprise, surprise there were no police in attendance!!

My mum shouted out of the window of the car and told them they were disgusting. A woman said it was my mum who was disgusting. My mum stuck two fingers up at her.......my mum is in in her 60's.....ooops lol ;)

What's sticking two fingers at someone mean? Like flicking someone off? Here we stick our middle finger out at someone.

And who on earth is David Cameron? :?

People shouldn't go hunting then. I don't have any sympathy for hunters who get injured on the hunt because frankly, if they think fox hunting is fun then they deserve it and perhaps they'll learn their lesson and decide not to go the next time.

I agree with that what some of the anti protesters do is wrong (and it wasn't the poor horses fault anyways!) but if people stopped hunting there would be NO protestors! There, problem solved. So don't complain that protesters are the blame, maybe some of them aren't going about it in the right way but at least they're trying to stop people from doing such horrible things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Now I agree there are several hunts that should be banned, but I do think both anti and pro hunt groups need to talk rationally about a solution that is acceptable. I do agree the english hunts are more geared towards the kill than ours. for us its a good day out on horse back!

we are solely on heeping the essence of the hunt alive which was founded 150 odd years ago but in reality it is mainly cross country riding and a bit of fun every saturday morning.. if anybody has any proper questions I would be happy to answer.

:( Im going to be hated for this but i'm afraid im a country girl and agree. fox hunting does keep the population healthy, it flushes out ill, old foxes that cause most of the problems. Now its banned farmers are trapping foxes or shooting them at night which is often not very accurate and causes alot more suffering. Hunts will not catch a healthy fox, i do not agree with them being dug out, once they go to ground they should be left. Alot of these videos of hounds ripping up foxes saying they are still alive is rubbish, all animals once dead with switch and kick for several minutes after. The lead hounds are experienced hunters and bite the fox at the back of the neck to kill it straight away the hounds at the back that play with the dead fox are the young hounds.

Its difficult because foxes do need to be kept under control in a humane way which I certainly dont believe there is a nice way to do it. I hate the thought of anything being killed, but i do think this is life, i personally would not ever be able to kill anything and am always saving wildlife and would do anything for an injured animal.

I do however think that hunting has changed, and that alot of people that hunt now do not have the same values or professionalism as the older generation so perhaps hunting has had its day and is no longer appropriate in this society.

As for protesters, alot are trouble makers that turn up to the hunts, i have seen several horses with injurys as my dad is a farrier, i have people i know that have been dragged off their horse and beaten up infront of their children. There was a horse last year that had serious injuries after being stabbed and beaten at a hunt.

Im not posting to be attacked and i understand and always admire everyones passion for animals and why you are against hunting, i do love animals too and this is purley my opinion based on my experiences and living in the country.

He's only doing it to get the snotty rich votes. You see all those obscene banner, 'Fight the Prejudice', well you know what? it's not a prejudice, you're still killing and torturing a living being, i couldn't give a toss how you feel you've been discriminated. I've met a few of those people and they're soooo smug about it, i want to punch them in the ******* face.

I know people that hunt and they are neither snotty or rich, this is a debate to about whether hunting is right or wrong not a opportunity to through insults and be prejudice which you have just shown a prime example of.

I understand this is a highly emotional subject but there are two sides, there is no need to insult people just because you dont agree with them?

I dont hunt just for the record before i get attacked.

What's sticking two fingers at someone mean? Like flicking someone off? Here we stick our middle finger out at someone.

People shouldn't go hunting then. I don't have any sympathy for hunters who get injured on the hunt because frankly, if they think fox hunting is fun then they deserve it and perhaps they'll learn their lesson and decide not to go the next time.

I agree with that what some of the anti protesters do is wrong (and it wasn't the poor horses fault anyways!) but if people stopped hunting there would be NO protesters! There, problem solved. So don't complain that protesters are the blame, maybe some of them aren't going about it in the right way but at least they're trying to stop people from doing such horrible things.

attitudes like this are the problem you are not really a true animal lover if you think its ok if horses get hurt or shot because of what hunt protesters do... we were not hunting foxes it was a days fun and because if it my horse should have been put down and I who was 14 at the time had to take a year off school for operations as my injuries were so severe. we work with anti hunt groups to strike a balance and these people were just trouble makers.. as said now most foxes are lamped at night or there dens are flooded out or they are snared so possibly you attention should be pointed else where

I agree with that what some of the anti protesters do is wrong (and it wasn't the poor horses fault anyways!) but if people stopped hunting there would be NO protestors! There, problem solved. So don't complain that protesters are the blame, maybe some of them aren't going about it in the right way but at least they're trying to stop people from doing such horrible things.

Excuse me but that was my friend that got hurt and no she didnt deserve it :? you have no idea what you are talking about. You are supporting violenbt protestors, just because you think you are right doesnt justify you wishing harm on people who dont share your opinion.

ok david cameron is like a soon to be priminister. they are being voted for,
the two fingers, it means. f*** off...:lol:

Back