• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FOURTH bun with myxi :( UD positive updates

Yeah, will bring it up with them tomorrow. Definitely want to minimise the risk as much as possible! Doesn't help that practically no buns around here are vaccinated. My aunt has 3 buns and I told her she needs to vaccinate them against myxi but she said "oh the vet told me because they're inside they;ll be fine without it" :shock:

She needs a new vet :cry:

Oh NO!!! Flippin heck Tinsel you're buns are having a rough time this year :( I have to say I've seen loads of wildies around my way (west side of Colchester) with myxo this year :cry: Sending tons of vibes for Pascal!

Santa, I mentioned on the official 'new vaccine' thread that my vet said they'd had 5 unrelated bunnies contract Myxo in Brightlingsea 3 to 4 months after having the new vaccine! They have sent the info to the manufactures to see if it is a rogue batch or whether there is a particularly virulent strain of myxo that may have mutated!

Anyone reading this please note the new vaccine did not give the bunnies the myxo!! My vet said this new vaccine is the way forward and should offer much better protection!!

Oh NO!!! Flippin heck Tinsel you're buns are having a rough time this year :( I have to say I've seen loads of wildies around my way (west side of Colchester) with myxo this year :cry: Sending tons of vibes for Pascal!

Santa, I mentioned on the official 'new vaccine' thread that my vet said they'd had 5 unrelated bunnies contract Myxo in Brightlingsea 3 to 4 months after having the new vaccine! They have sent the info to the manufactures to see if it is a rogue batch or whether there is a particularly virulent strain of myxo that may have mutated!

Anyone reading this please note the new vaccine did not give the bunnies the myxo!! My vet said this new vaccine is the way forward and should offer much better protection!!

I was getting a bit concerned then :shock: the last thing we need is our buns getting myxo from vaccinations.

Thank you - we're quite near Brightlingsea so it will be interesting to see what the manufacturers say. Pascal seems to be affected slightly differently from my buns who caught it after the old vaccine and I think he's been in unlucky in getting the respiratory problems but hopefully we've nipped them in the bud and I'm hoping there will be an improvement tomorrow. He's eating EXTREMELY well, so that's something. The four buns who caught it had 3 different batches of vaccine between them but we're right in the countryside and there's been lots of water/insects around, unfortunately. Roll on winter frosts!

Last edited:
Sending lots of vibes for Pascal xxx
I'm sure he'll make it, because BARC bunnies are as tough as old boots. ;)

Sending lots of vibes for Pascal xxx
I'm sure he'll make it, because BARC bunnies are as tough as old boots. ;)

Thank you. Certainly the pile of grass/dandelion disappeared immediately and now he's tucking into pellets... ;)

Sending massive (((vibes))) for all your poorly buns. Wishing them all a speedy recovery and a big hug for you whilst you're caring for them.

poor little Pascal ... come on little fela , get yourself better ... xx:love:

thank you Tinsel for pming me before posting his name on this thread :wave:

Thanks for clarifying - I knew that's what you meant but for some reason in my explanation it came out looking like the vaccine gave it to them, which it didn't. Apologies for my lack of clarity!

Thanks for clarifying - I knew that's what you meant but for some reason in my explanation it came out looking like the vaccine gave it to them, which it didn't. Apologies for my lack of clarity!

I knew what you meant too and never even read it the other way :lol: I only 'clarified' because of some of the posts on the other thread :lol:

Tinsel hope Mr Pascal is doing OK this morning!

poor little Pascal ... come on little fela , get yourself better ... xx:love:

thank you Tinsel for pming me before posting his name on this thread :wave:

That's okay :wave:

His breathing seems the same or marginally better this morning and he's still eating well. Suspect he will be fine after the full course of septrin, fingers crossed.

Mulberry's breathing seems much better today too.

Merlin is 100% fine, so all positive updates...

Back