• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found little white rabbit in layby this morning.

:love:

What a kind person you are :) Thank you so much for rescuing her. I dread to think what wouldve happened if she was left in the countryside alone :cry: It does sound like she was abandoned, but its best to check with your local rescue/vets to see if anyone has lost their bunny.

Shes a little beauty :love: xXx

aw bless her, well done for rescueing her. i hope she is feeling better soon, when i rescued rosie it took her a wee while to catch onto things and that things are going to be nice, she's found a lovely frever home now. very pretty bunny. :love: looking forward to seeing more piccies of her.

You are her guardian angel. Well done for rescuing her and good luck in whatever you decide to do with her. Sure if you can't keep her, a forever home will be found on here. You have restored my faith in human nature.:)

That was so good you managed to catch her, well done. Hopefully she will settle quickly and relax, poor thing must have been terrified.

How lucky she was indeed that you spotted her ! There is the possibility of course that she is an escape rather than a dumped animal...so defo. worth doing a quick ring round the local vets.

wow - she's beautiful and such a lucky bunny for being found by someone who cares. Hope she gets a clean bill of health at the vets.

Well done you for rescuing her! :thumb:

It does sound like she was abandoned, but contact the SSPCA and local rescue centre, and check your local paper, just in case she was stolen, or escaped from somewhere.

I agree. There's the small chance she could've been stolen then dumped by the thief once they got bored of her or something like that. Legally you can't keep strays until 7 days are up, and you have to have made an effort to find its owner. I'd report it to your vets, local police station and put up a few posters and see what happens.

Layby rabbit update.

The Little rabbit is very scared but ate some pellets and greens during the night and has pooped:). Good start!
I work as a countryside ranger and have found many animals dumped or abandoned. This little guy looks to me like a classic case. But im open to the fact that i could be wrong. I doubt very much this little rabbit is an escapee as i found her in a layby with a quarry on one side and a recycling plant on the other. The layby is used for fly-tipping and Behind the layby is a river. A motorway flyover runs over part of the road and the road leads to a few sheep farms.
I have contacted the local SSPCA, police and a few local vets near to the area and left details of roughly where he was found and what she looks like along with my office number. In the meantime she can lodge with me and enjoy some rest and attention and if someone should claim her then i will gladly hand her back to her owner.:)

oh the poor little thing! I really don't understand why some people can do things like that!

Glad she is getting better, well done for rescuing her :)

Thanks for all the good wishes for the little white bunny. Calling her Denovan for the moment after the road i found her in.
She is moving around tonight in her cage, but still very very scared. I dont think she has had much human attention as she just freezes when i go near her. On closer inspection she is crawling with mites. I took a bug viewer from work to look at her fur and its moving! :shock: I got some invermectin today and treated her with it. I have given her a water bottle and a bowl of water but havent seen her drinking yet. Dont really want to stress her by syring feeding her water just yet, but will see if she finds it by tomorrow. She has plenty of greens and herbs so hopefully will get some liquid that way and she seems more settled tonight. She has been washing herself and digging the newspapers in her cage.

Been a funny old week, when i came home my husband said "come with me i have another animal casualty for you" we drove down the road behind my house to find a Mallard duck in the middle of it sitting in the dark on the grass verge in the middle of the road!:roll: I couldnt catch this one, but it found the energy to fly off in the dark into the fields nearby. Hopefully it will be ok. I will have another look tomorrow in daylight! Last week i had a Herring Gull in my passenger seat at 7.30am! :lol: Is it just me??? :lol:

Back