• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Forum is really slow

a reader of books

Warren Veteran
The forum has been really slow for me since last night? All other websites are the same as usual, though. I asked my friend to try the forum, and it works just fine for them, so it seems to be a me issue? It's slow in every browser, and on both my Chromebook and my phone. It's also slow on both wifi and 4G, so it's not the connection or my internet provider... Is it slow for anyone else, or does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

Same here across the pond. Like you I tried different devices and browsers with the same result.

Sent from my KFTRWI using Tapatalk

The forum has been really slow for me since last night? All other websites are the same as usual, though. I asked my friend to try the forum, and it works just fine for them, so it seems to be a me issue? It's slow in every browser, and on both my Chromebook and my phone. It's also slow on both wifi and 4G, so it's not the connection or my internet provider... Is it slow for anyone else, or does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?
You tried clearing your cookies etc?

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Same here across the pond. Like you I tried different devices and browsers with the same result.

Ooh, you're having the same problem... I wonder why...

You tried clearing your cookies etc?

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
Yeah, I cleared my cookies and cache, rebooted my devices, rebooted my modem, logged out and in again, but nothing's helped... It takes ages for pages to load.

Is the forum still really slow for you, too, bunny momma? Sometimes it's like normal for a little while, but it took me over half an hour the other day just to reply to a post. :(

Same for me. I only have the issue with ru.
I am not in uk, so maybe that is why we are impacted????
My systems often time out before a page loads. It does it on every browser, device, and even on tapatalk.

Same for me. I only have the issue with ru.
I am not in uk, so maybe that is why we are impacted????
My systems often time out before a page loads. It does it on every browser, device, and even on tapatalk.

I'm sorry you're still having issues, too. That's the same as it is for me, lots of time outs before it'll eventually load a page, no matter what device or browser I use, and it's only RU that I'm havinng trouble with. Maybe it's because we're not in the UK, yeah... Though my friend in the US checked if the forum was slow for them and it wasn't, so I don't know... It's really weird.

Yes I've been having issues for a few days, very slow and always getting the page that the site took too long to respond!

A few times I typed a longer reply and then had to start over.
Interesting that tour US friend is not having the same issue because that is where I live.

A few times I typed a longer reply and then had to start over.
Interesting that tour US friend is not having the same issue because that is where I live.

Aw, no, that's really unfortunate! I hate when that happens...
Hm, well, Liz lives in the UK, I think, so it doesn't seem to be a location thing after all...?

Last edited:
I've not been able to get at all since I last posted until now, it's obviously better but not 100%! How about you?

I've not been able to get at all since I last posted until now, it's obviously better but not 100%! How about you?
Gosh, you couldn't access the forum at all? I'm glad it's better now, even though it's still not 100%! For me nothing has changed; it's still really slow, but at least I didn't lose access completely.

Gosh, you couldn't access the forum at all? I'm glad it's better now, even though it's still not 100%! For me nothing has changed; it's still really slow, but at least I didn't lose access completely.

Yeah it just wouldn't load anything! It's not been great until the past couple of days it seems back to normal hopefully, it's been very strange

Yeah it just wouldn't load anything! It's not been great until the past couple of days it seems back to normal hopefully, it's been very strange
I'm glad it seems back to normal for you, too. It's been back to normal for me as well. Hopefully whatever it was will stay away now!

Back