• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

forage?????

Pablo2013

Warren Scout
There is no decent dandons around now!!!! Even the plantin looks a bit rubbish...apart from grass and bramble what other forage should be plentiful around now and pics for id also if poss plz :love:

Apple and willow leaves and twigs.
Vetch is doing well. My buns love vetch.

I will think of some more later.

Lots of brambles around, milk thistle and wild rose (they can have the flowers, thorns and leaves but not the hips), hazel tree leaves but not the nuts.

I've noticed a lack of decent dandelions and plantain too :? Normally get loads! I've noticed a lot of things have those little yellow dots all over as well which I presume is some kind of eggs? The big willow tree I usually get a lot from is covered in the stuff :( Coltsfoot always goes down well with my lot, but even that has to be closely inspected - aside from the spiders that tend to knit their egg sacs into the leaves, the snails love them too and last night I found a gold chrysalis on one! I brought a few home but then noticed all the yellow spots on them so had to chuck half of them out :( Agree on the wild rose though, they were covered in greenfly a few weeks back but seem to be ok again now and they grow so fast there's always a good supply of fresh young leaves (that are easier to pick without getting stabbed too ;) ) I've even found the brambles aren't great near me too, it's very disappointing!

Back