• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Food versus poop....help

Floppylop

Young Bun
I have posted before regarding my buns who have constantly soft caecal pellets, I have tried rabbit muesli, pellets, just hay, nothing seems to change. I have taken in two more rabbits, with the food that came with them, and they both have soft cecal droppings, almost immediately. They are all fine and bouncey and healthy, but these soft droppings are a real nuisance as it sticks in their fur especially on the feet, as they tend to sit on them, any ideas please. The alternative diets I have used for weeks , I also used just hay for several weeks and tho this reduced the problem it didnt stop it, I darent even try greens as this makes it worse.........anyone!!!!

I have posted before regarding my buns who have constantly soft caecal pellets, I have tried rabbit muesli, pellets, just hay, nothing seems to change. I have taken in two more rabbits, with the food that came with them, and they both have soft cecal droppings, almost immediately. They are all fine and bouncey and healthy, but these soft droppings are a real nuisance as it sticks in their fur especially on the feet, as they tend to sit on them, any ideas please. The alternative diets I have used for weeks , I also used just hay for several weeks and tho this reduced the problem it didnt stop it, I darent even try greens as this makes it worse.........anyone!!!!

I recognise the fact that you've tried these diets for a while previously. I would definitely try again a diet of mostly hay, tree leaves and forage, plus a very small quantity of pellets. I agree with excluding vegetables. Maybe, if the regime of hay etc works after a few weeks, then slowly introduce a few herbs.

The two new rabbits might just be a fact that they've just recently had the stress of moving home.

I can understand how much of a problem this is.

Back