• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Floppy & willow update : 23/11/12

So am I susie... relieved. In fact we are going to pick them up tomorrow...

I think Debbie has her hands full as 3 more rescues went to her yesterday... I feel guilty giving her extra work..

it would appear that Willow is following Floppy about everywhere and he is reassuring her by grooming her every couple of minutes... Ooooh. so romantic.. I just cant wait to get them home.

Fee xx

Well..my babies are home and for an hour and a half they've been holed up up in the hutch....Its pouring here. Grrrrr. so i watching them from the window.

Is this normal behaviour:

Floppy is sitting totally still looking bored, in fact, Willow is in the litter tray munching.. I had put in some greens for them coming home. The have been eaten by both. but theres been no contact or grooming between them. In fact they. oth look totally indifferent. Floppy sniffed about hen he came home but theres was no chasing.. I had thought he might be able to smell his scent...

Shold they both be itting looking totally fed up. Debbie had said for the pas 4 days, they were snuggling and grooming.. Could it be the car journey...?

I've been told to keep them in the hutch for a week, no run...

fee x

Well... Since posting.. He hasnt moved but she is jumping about and climbing over him. She's been chewing , i presume its a willow stick my son put in...

Thanks for everything Debbie! Once the weather improves and they have 'freedom' will post pics!!!!

Fee xxxxx

A wee update. i had to go to my nieces birthday party this afternoon so left them for 3 hours, i came back and they were all cosy and snuggled up both staring out of the hutch.. Even my husband thought they looked cute together... Gave them some more hay tonight and they were all happy and munching before I put the hutch cover down for the night. meant to be horrific rain overnight..

Alls well tonight... Phewwww...... Its been a stressful couple of days wondering if things would actually work but i am glad they are home and Debbie has worked her magic...

feefeeglasgow
[/URL][/IMG]

Well, this morning, i went out to change litter tray and hay etc. They seemed cosy however as soon as I put new food/tray into hutch, Floppy wouldnt let Willow near the food and chased her away. This went on for about 20 mins. I was getting a bit concerned but he finally got engrossed with eating that she snuck up and got into tray with him.

Tonight, i went to see them after work and as soon as I got near the hutch, Floppy was up on his hind legs at mesh panel of cage and chased Willow away and started humping her. This rigmarole went on for bout 5 minutes with poor wee Willow running into the bed box of hay.

When the replacement litter tray went in Floppy took over and wouldnt let Willow near. She seemed reluctant to go near the tray but eventually did.

My question is: Is this behaviour normal and acceptable? I've looked on forum and it does seem so but given the difference in size , I am concerned as Floppy is a good bit bigger than Willow and I want her to get her fair share of food.

Last edited:
Tomorrow try scartering food ....do this for the rest of week ...sorry ii should have said I don't use bowls myself but scaatter theree food in there hay to encourage thhem to eat more hay

i have hidden their pellets in the hay and put greens throughout the hay today.. this was in addition to hay in litter tray....

Floppy is literally pulling the food from Willows mouth, he did it twice tonight!! i dont know if is just exerting his dominance but its a wee shame for Willow....

Lol he is trying to show he is boss still ...don't worry about it as long as youu have put in loads of hay for her to munch on she won't starve ...he will learn to share don't worry

Well... I have a confession...I opened up Parsnipbuns Crimbo Nom Box and gave them a few treats from it.... God love her, Willows mouth was going like the clappers but she couldnt keep up with the grubber AKA Flopster... He was a total gannet!!

They really enjoyed their treat I must say... The weather is pants though and the hutch cover is on all the time.. poor souls, it must be like being in a mixed prison..... I feel happy that Floppy has a girlfriend and so happy to have Willow, she is so tricky.....

Fee xxx

So glad they are getting along well! I always scatter feed all over the floor for my 7. That way wherever a bun is they should be able to get something and it takes them longer to eat because they have to find the food too.

I think I'll have to hide the food.. Mind you , with them both confined to the hutch, theres not much room to be clever!!,!:lol:

Well, things have been going well but i had a bit of a calamity today. Floppy escaped into the run tiday when i was putting litter tray in. Having been confined to thd hutch he made his bid for freedom. I decided to let Willow out to see how things went and i panicked as Floppy chased Willow back into hutch then sat at the door of run like he used to. I fed them
Both treats and Willow couldnt get near him as he stole hers too .

However, a full day has passed and they are quite happy although Floppy is happy to sit in run and Willow, sits in hutch...she's a cheeky wee thing who runs everywhere at full speed.
They are often happy sitting with each other although equally happy doing their own thing.

The only problem
I dont know how to tackle is they are peeing & pooing everywhere. Floppy was a clean rabbit and littertrained. Will this sort itself? How do i deal with this....

Back