• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First steps for adoption U/D We got her!!!

Definateley will get pics on soon! We're south bham near bournville (cadburys!).

We're going to let Timmy out of his set up for sniffles then attempt 'the meeting' for about 5-10 mins tonight! Am excited but nervous too!

Wooo!!

Sounds good, thinks me might have to come up to say hi and then go to Cadbury world!! YEAH!! (wanna come? I drive)

LOL!!

I likes CHOCOLATE.

Me likes bunnies too.

I hope the other sister finds a good home too :?

Good luck with the meeting tonight!!

We're getting Winter in about 6 weeks :D

Any pics of winter?

That's fab! I know, i felt bad about Cherry the poor love! I'm sure someone will show an interest soon!

You can come as long as you bring little Rimmi too :love::lol::lol::wave:

Any pics of winter?

That's fab! I know, i felt bad about Cherry the poor love! I'm sure someone will show an interest soon!

You can come as long as you bring little Rimmi too :love::lol::lol::wave:

Lol, I doubt he'd like to go in the carry case for half the day so you'll have to come down here some time to come and snuggle him, maybe when I have winter.

Winter is one of Angel and Thorns babies, search the forum for pics of them since they were two weeks, her brothers are Gabriel, Frosty and Whisper, *spiders* foster babies :D (remember those cute pics of the baby buns in the dolls house and in mugs??)

Lol, I doubt he'd like to go in the carry case for half the day so you'll have to come down here some time to come and snuggle him, maybe when I have winter.

Winter is one of Angel and Thorns babies, search the forum for pics of them since they were two weeks, her brothers are Gabriel, Frosty and Whisper, *spiders* foster babies :D (remember those cute pics of the baby buns in the dolls house and in mugs??)

Oh i know, they are all such cuties!

Blossom ate half a carrot in like 3 minutes :shock: greedy :lol: at least that means she feels comfortable!

I think a trip to Cheltenham is definateley in order to get snuggles of those 2 cuties! They will make the perfect couple!

Oh i know, they are all such cuties!

Blossom ate half a carrot in like 3 minutes :shock: greedy :lol: at least that means she feels comfortable!

I think a trip to Cheltenham is definateley in order to get snuggles of those 2 cuties! They will make the perfect couple!

:D

Love your new sig :)

Will def organise a trip to Cadbury world, am off online to see deals etc :p Naughties!! He he he!!

Dont come down here for at least 6 weeks, we wont have Winter till then (as Rimmi is still fertile and she hasnt been speyed yet)

Will be good to meet :D

Love your new sig :)

Will def organise a trip to Cadbury world, am off online to see deals etc :p Naughties!! He he he!!

Dont come down here for at least 6 weeks, we wont have Winter till then (as Rimmi is still fertile and she hasnt been speyed yet)

Will be good to meet :D

Mmmmm chocolate...i want some now!

Paul did it for me as i'm hopeless at doing stuff like that! The pic of blossom is from the rspca site but i took the other one myself :D

Awwwh :love: Blossom is truly stunning. I had a little cuddle with her before you arrived, she is such a lovely colour and is so laid back :love: I couldve taken her home with me :lol: :oops:

Hope the bonding goes well, pics soon please :love:

Lovely to meet you both btw xXx

Thanks!

Timmy has just had a sniff of her, then she went to nip him. I pulled him away and cuddled him, then he had another sniff and went for her, grunted then bit me :shock: i just hope i haven't tried it too soon! It was only for 5 minutes so have put them both back at separate ends of the room and will wait until tonight or tomorrow now to introduce again!

Does it just take time? I really hope they get on!

Is it just me or is Blossom really hard? I know it's strange question but timmy is really soft and cuddly and blossom's fur is quite flat. Is it just because they're slightly different breeds?

Thanks!

Timmy has just had a sniff of her, then she went to nip him. I pulled him away and cuddled him, then he had another sniff and went for her, grunted then bit me :shock: i just hope i haven't tried it too soon! It was only for 5 minutes so have put them both back at separate ends of the room and will wait until tonight or tomorrow now to introduce again!

Does it just take time? I really hope they get on!

Is it just me or is Blossom really hard? I know it's strange question but timmy is really soft and cuddly and blossom's fur is quite flat. Is it just because they're slightly different breeds?

Yeah, nethies are quite fluffy, I dont know what cross Blossom is but different breeds can have different hair types, if it is quite shirt it may feel hard....

You didnt try too soon, bonding can take AGES sometimes, just let them get used to each other, can you not have the cages or enclosures closer to each other?? One article I read said to have the cages about 3 inches apart so they can sniff but not each each other and have litter boxes at far ends, furthest from each other and then put food down near the bit where they can see each other (as eating is a communal thing, whereas they can get territorial about litter boxes...)

Yeah i could do but Timmy is going mental at the moment trying to get out and their noses can fit through the nic grids! Maybe i could find something else so that their noses dont touch! I guess i'll keep trying, i'm just being inpatient :lol:

You'll have to have TWO walls of NIC cubes, one wall for each enclosure, 3 inches apart so even though their noses can fit through they cant touch. Rimmis nose fits through the nic cubes too.

Are you on MSN?

Yeah i am, Pauls gone to play a gig in town so i might try it when he gets back at about 8.30 ish, as would need to put one of them in the bedroom whilst we move it (and timmy would get lost under the bed :lol:) so will let them both calm down a bit too!

I think your idea having them 3 inches apart is good at least it wont be such a shock when they can touch!

Timmy kept running rounds of my feet i think it was a kind of 'i want to be protected' thing!

(will pm you msn add)

Have a read of this - it is long but its all good info :)

http://rabbitnetwork.org/articles/bond.shtml

I agree about getting them futher apart - you dont want any bitten noses... if all fails indoors, i would try them on completely neutral grounds, i.e in the garden in a run? I dont know why im giving you advice... i need to do the whole bonding thing myself soon with 2 foster buns *bites nails* LOL xXx

Definateley will get pics on soon! We're south bham near bournville (cadburys!).

We're going to let Timmy out of his set up for sniffles then attempt 'the meeting' for about 5-10 mins tonight! Am excited but nervous too!

You're not far from me! :D I live in Rednal, but used to live in kings norton :D (My sis lives in Bournville)

Hope the bonding goes well! :D

You're not far from me! :D I live in Rednal, but used to live in kings norton :D (My sis lives in Bournville)

Hope the bonding goes well! :D

Did you see that link above Sarah... you need to read that too! :lol: :D When are you collecting your little boy?

Did you see that link above Sarah... you need to read that too! :lol: :D When are you collecting your little boy?

Yeah i saw it :lol: i've had a look at it, but not a proper good read yet - but i deffo will before we pick him up :D

We're getting him on the 27th :D I cant wait - i want him now! I wish we werent going away for the weekend on the 23rd or we'd pick him up sooner :(

Me and the OH were looking at the pics of Rainbow on the RSPCA website the other night and we were cooing over them (the OH was even stroking the laptop screen and doing baby talk :lol::roll:)

Back