• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First gotcha day - Captured stray rabbit- ... Scally...

Ooh no! I can't remember what the cause was last time in the end?

Dental, but not spurs. He has a problem with a gum flap that FHB hoped she may have found a fairly long-term solution for. He's still eating, little trouper that he is, but his chin is a bit of a clue, bless him.

Ooh no! I can't remember what the cause was last time in the end?

Dental, but not spurs. He has a problem with a gum flap that FHB hoped she may have found a fairly long-term solution for. He's still eating, little trouper that he is, but his chin is a bit of a clue, bless him.

Oh gosh I remember this :(

I hope you can get it sorted again BB. What a worry your buns are to you at the moment :(

We've got Tinkerbell my EC/cataract bunny going in with an eye problem too...

I don't know how you cope with life/work and so many bun traumas. Well I know we all have to cope, but it's really difficult :(

I hope things calm down and get to an even keel in a few weeks. Do your buns always do this around FHB conference times, or it is like this all year round for you? :)

Thanks all. Scally has stayed for dental treatment. It's probably the gum flap but FHB won't be sure what/how etc until she can investigate fully - and he needs a GA for that to be done properly.

I thought his feet were orange as he just weed everywhere but she thinks there may be more going on in that regard also re ?incontinence ?hind leg stiffness/angle of peeing. No doubt she will have some feedback on that. I may need a trimmer as recommended on Saturday!

Tink's eye does have something but she feels the watch approach is most appropriate at the moment. She trimmed her eyelashes as the lower lid is inflamed and worryingly had dark pigment (?melanoma? but too early to want to do anything). She's under surveillance.

Barnaby's home!

Thanks all. Scally has stayed for dental treatment. It's probably the gum flap but FHB won't be sure what/how etc until she can investigate fully - and he needs a GA for that to be done properly.

I thought his feet were orange as he just weed everywhere but she thinks there may be more going on in that regard also re ?incontinence ?hind leg stiffness/angle of peeing. No doubt she will have some feedback on that. I may need a trimmer as recommended on Saturday!

Tink's eye does have something but she feels the watch approach is most appropriate at the moment. She trimmed her eyelashes as the lower lid is inflamed and worryingly had dark pigment (?melanoma? but too early to want to do anything). She's under surveillance.

Barnaby's home!

It's like Bunny ER at your place at the moment !!

So pleased to hear that Barnaby is home. How's he doing ?

I hope that Scally's Dental/oral examination goes well. Hopefully there will not be anything too serious causing his wee staining issues.

Some Rabbits do have some dark pigment in the eyelid/conjunctiva. It does not always indicate a proble,. Hopefully all will be well for Tinkerbell xx

It's like Bunny ER at your place at the moment !!

So pleased to hear that Barnaby is home. How's he doing ?

I hope that Scally's Dental/oral examination goes well. Hopefully there will not be anything too serious causing his wee staining issues.

Some Rabbits do have some dark pigment in the eyelid/conjunctiva. It does not always indicate a proble,. Hopefully all will be well for Tinkerbell xx

I've just given Barnaby a big pile of forage and he's eating really enthusiastically. I've no idea how to get the video off my new phone though - I tried to send it to myself via email but it's too long! I want to send it to the vets to show them how happy he is.:love:

I've just given Barnaby a big pile of forage and he's eating really enthusiastically. I've no idea how to get the video off my new phone though - I tried to send it to myself via email but it's too long! I want to send it to the vets to show them how happy he is.:love:

He obviously didn't approve of the catering at the Vets ! :lol:

Honestly, you just cant get the staff these days................ :roll:

He obviously didn't approve of the catering at the Vets ! :lol:

Honestly, you just cant get the staff these days................ :roll:

Oh, the catering is top notch there. Even Allison the vet who prefers cats (!!) is a keen gardener and takes all manner of delicacies in - we've had celeriac leaves before now... there were no inpatients the day she took them in so asked me if I wanted any and I took a great handful home!!

Barnaby's home!

Really glad to hear Barnaby's home!

I hope Scally gets sorted as painlessly as possible.

Your vet sounds amazing! The price, the food, the treatment .. Just wish I lived a lot closer :D

Ah! I missed my call with the update as I was tending the outdoor bunnies... I was diligently carrying my mobile around and it stayed silent! The message says he's awake but I'm going to have to wait for an email with the details. At least I will be able to take in the details if it's written :oops:

Scally's mouth is a bit of a problem but I also get the impression a bit of a mystery. He's had gums trimmed again but this time in various locations, they were inflamed/sore but FHB can't understand why they were painful and causing him to salivate. Not sure what we are looking at in the longer term, no doubt I'll get to discuss that in more detail soon. I haven't had an update this morning yet re eating/coming home etc.

He's had his urine stained fur trimmed, it wasn't bad, might not be anything major.

Last edited:
Scally's mouth is a bit of a problem but I also get the impression a bit of a mystery. He's had gums trimmed again but this time in various locations, they were inflamed/sore but FHB can't understand why they were painful and causing him to salivate. Not sure what we are looking at in the longer term, no doubt I'll get to discuss that in more detail soon. I haven't had an update this morning yet re eating/coming home etc.

He's had his urine stained fur trimmed, it wasn't bad, might not be anything major.

What a dilemma ... sorry to hear this.

I can't remember if he's ever had a skull X-ray?

Back