• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally purchased a hutch for the new buns...

Furnished hutches

Here is a photo of my Boarding hutches furnished to give you some ideas :) I also make homemade toys such as loo rolls stuffed with hay, a few pellets, bramble leaves etc, plus give apple twigs and plant pots to throw around! :)
73bf8d_e2597cfce661c404a610d5f05e7818eb.jpg_srz_290_195_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Claire x

Oh thank you :) nice to see photos of the inside of the hutch. Have you fitted non slip Lino on the floor or just the newspaper? Also what do you use in your litter tray?

If anyone else can post photos of the inside of their hutch that would be fandabbydozzy

~ Emmzie x

My sets ups have non slip lino and the litter trays are just newspaper and hay. The indoor rabbits have a puppy pad in their litter trays and are also full of hay.

null_zpsdcfa38e1.jpg

Bed area, the lino is the same all the way through. It's a 6ftx2x2 hutch.

null_zps45cc3aae.jpg

The middle -

null_zpsb17adc38.jpg

The ramp end -

null_zps644d0330.jpg

An awful panorama.. It's cold!

null_zps1905648c.jpg

I just have the one black rabbit in that hutch though, she seems to be in each picture!

Yes I use non slip lino to line all my hutches, my boys playhouse has one piece of lino on the floor that I managed to get as an off cut.
I used to use megazorb but struggling to get from my local horse supplier and have heard that it isn't as good as it used to be so I am thinking of moving over to fitch bedding for the litter trays.
Claire x

Last edited:
Thank you all so much :)

I have posted on my Freecycle group asking for off cuts of non slip Lino.

Hutch should be delivered on Wednesday so I'm hoping the weather will be kind enough for me to set everything up!

Now. How to make it weather proof? I would of got one of them blue bike sheets and put it over but not sure if that is suitable? And how to make sure the hutch is warm? I'm so worried they will be cold :(

Love the fact you have a teddy in his house AWWW so cute!

~ Emmzie x

It must be a while since you looked in PAH, as they now actually sell very large hutches and runs, they only sell smaller ones for guinea pigs. They have vastly improved their bunny accommodation.

I have learnt a lot after I had Fudge. I didn't have a suitable set up for him, Regret that. Also the fact he didn't have a friend and he was left at home all day until I came home from work. Hope he doesn't look down and think "Why didn't you do that for me!" Places like Pets @ Home need to sell bigger hutches. Fudge was my first bunny and I bought my hutch from Pets @ Home thinking it is suitable, as why would they sell it? Since joining here I now know it wasn't, not at all. He was very happy bun, from what I could tell.

Well, the black buck has to be called Olly, for obviously reasons ;) and the orange doe will be named Cinnamon. Although I may change my mind after getting to know their personalities. I call all bunnies, 'Bun' haha.

I'm also considering adopting a bunny in a few years time, once I have a bigger set up!

It must be a while since you looked in PAH, as they now actually sell very large hutches and runs, they only sell smaller ones for guinea pigs. They have vastly improved their bunny accommodation.

I searched online a few weeks back I couldn't find a suitable hutch. Unless they are mostly in store :)

~ Emmzie x

Oh I haven't looked online, but in store they have a few different 6ft hutches, some with runs attached :wave:

Joking!!?? Oh god damn! Didn't think of looking! Good value for money?

Nothing I can do now the hutch has been despatched. Poo!

~ Emmzie x

I have just seen the 190cm (just over 6 foot) x 67 x 74 cm hutch online for 169.00. Not as good value as happy hutch imo.

Last edited:
Bloody hell fast delivery! Standard free of charge delivery was up to 3 days but they TRIES to deliver it today which would be next working day but my mum missed it arghhh haha

~ Emmzie x

Mine will be here today according to their email. Have you got yours yet?

I ordered mine on Sunday and I would of got it Tuesday which would be a next day service but because I'm out I had to get my mum to sign for it but she popped out to get some milk and missed it haha!

I picked it up from the depot in the end :) haven't put anything together yet as been way too busy

~ Emmzie x

Well, mine is up. Going to get some lino tiles for the floors then the guinea pigs can move in. Its ok. Quite thin ply though. May have to bring them in for the winter ...

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but are the sides open at the end? It might be worth putting a panel at the end as if not it could be pretty drafty in the winter :wave:

Well, mine is up. Going to get some lino tiles for the floors then the guinea pigs can move in. Its ok. Quite thin ply though. May have to bring them in for the winter ...

I haven't put mine up yet been too busy!

If that's the case I may add more wood to it to make it thicker as I have no way if bringing them in the house

~ Emmzie x

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but are the sides open at the end? It might be worth putting a panel at the end as if not it could be pretty drafty in the winter :wave:

Hi. Yes the ends are open although there are two of those little divider things with arches in so they give some shelter.

Think the guinea pigs will enjoy sun bathing on the top level (when we get some sun - it was lovely today).

Think I may reinforce the whole thing in time. Have already thought I would cover some of the mesh as the whistlers do like to be hidden.

Hi. Yes the ends are open although there are two of those little divider things with arches in so they give some shelter.

Think the guinea pigs will enjoy sun bathing on the top level (when we get some sun - it was lovely today).

Think I may reinforce the whole thing in time. Have already thought I would cover some of the mesh as the whistlers do like to be hidden.

So good to know someone has put this up before me but will reinforce with more wood and whatever else it needs :) will keep my mind occupied this weekend as no doubt I need it (bad day!)

~ Emmzie x

Back