• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

feel awful.....

I think I may have to seperate them yuri keeps chasing and bitting yuki. They had been snuggling up and sharing food up till now...its a shame if I have to do that.... but its no where near the six weeks yet... six weeks on the 10th august

If it's just fur biting that's pretty normal when they work out who's boss. But do what you think is right. :)

If it's just fur biting that's pretty normal when they work out who's boss. But do what you think is right. :)

yuri stopped so ive left it for now

yuki isnt retaliating and bows her head I think she is just saying yes your boss I am not debating this stop biting me!

I am so confused lol

yuri kept chasing yuki and biting her fur and yuki didnt do it back and kept running

then every time yuri approached yuki, yuki bowed down and didnt move until yuri bit her then she would run

but at the moment they are sitting together not grooming but sitting there

Sounds like both want to be dominant. Yuki is bowing her head to say 'groom me now'. Everything would be okay if Yuri would respond by grooming, but sounds like he isn't going along with her demands. You can encourage grooming by putting something tasty on their foreheads (like veggie baby food or apple sauce)

Sounds like both want to be dominant. Yuki is bowing her head to say 'groom me now'. Everything would be okay if Yuri would respond by grooming, but sounds like he isn't going along with her demands. You can encourage grooming by putting something tasty on their foreheads (like veggie baby food or apple sauce)

shall try that thank you

they are both still sitting there at the moment spread out and relaxed

I think I may have to seperate them yuri keeps chasing and bitting yuki. They had been snuggling up and sharing food up till now...its a shame if I have to do that.... but its no where near the six weeks yet... six weeks on the 10th august

Is the area you are bonding them totally neutral?

I used the vinegar and water to neutralise though its not an area neither of them has been as they both live in the living room but I was told by a friend who bonds as long as I neutralised its ok

Well after some humping and fur biting....

IMG01094-20110717-1517.jpg

I used the vinegar and water to neutralise though its not an area neither of them has been as they both live in the living room but I was told by a friend who bonds as long as I neutralised its ok

Well after some humping and fur biting....

IMG01094-20110717-1517.jpg

Looking good, go very slowly as you have 2 girls with increasing the space. My suggestion would be to leave everything 72 hours after any altercation before changing anything.

I have been told to wait six weeks after a neuter till you try to bond the buns

Are they both neutered? I'm pretty sure it was only a month after Frank was neutered that I got Dulcie and she'd only been spayed for a week. Look at this as pre-bonding. :wave:

Back