• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fast breathing/odd posture: UD 22/3 Gone to the Bridge

:cry: Thank you all xx I spoke with the vet face to face and went into more detail about the X rays, her heart wasn't enlarged but her lungs were which showed how much effort she'd had to put into breathing. He advised it's rare in rabbits but often seen in cats with asthma. She could have a tumour further up which was not seen on X ray but would be inoperable. Steroids could improve her breathing but make an infection worse. When I saw her I decided it would be kindest to let her go, she passed while I held her within a second. It was the most peaceful put to sleep of any of my pets which I am grateful for.

Binky free Bigwig xxx

I think you have done the kindest thing. You have been extremely selfless and brave.

RIP Bigwig :cry:

I've just read the whole thread. What a roller coaster you have been on with constant ups and downs - you must be so drained.

I am sorry you have lost your special Bigwig but pleased you were allowed to be with her at the end and that her passing was so peaceful.

Binky free Bigwig xxx

Thank you everyone xx The little needle felt Bigwig was made by my partner for valentine's Day this year.
e73ebfef78c4fcf4b3f303c6bcfa2690.jpg

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry to hear this:cry:
You did everything you could for her. I agree with the others, letting her go was the kindest thing to do:cry:
Lovely photo of Biqwig and tiny felt Bigwig!

I am so sorry for your loss. You let her go with dignity and make the pain stop. It is the best you could do by her in situation.

I’m so sorry:cry: you did everything you could for her. You did the kindest thing for her xx

Thank you all. We've buried her on a paddock my dad owns, next to my previous dog and she can watch over all the wildlife that visit. We've planted some echinacea for her.
9e3f3508e7f8f6f4ca27e39517faafc0.jpg

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

What a lovely place for her to be buried. I'm so very sorry you've lost her... I agree with the others that you did the kindest thing you could for her.

Back