• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Evergreen complete on the lawn?

Joob-joobs

Mama Doe
My oh has just told me that he bought Evergreen complete and put it on the lawn today. I think it's a lawn feeder/weed killer. I thought he was only going to put it on the front garden but he has put it on the front and back. The buns are not on the grass but on the patio near the grass. Does anyone know if this is safe for the buns to be so close? Or will I need to move them for the night?

Also, I just got their new run delivered today and was hoping to put it together and put them on the grass tomorrow... that won't be happening now. :( Does anyone have any idea how long I would need to wait till I can let them on the grass.

I'm so annoyed... he didn't even think before he did it. :evil:

It should say on the box. We treated ours at the end of Jan the box we had said 6 weeks for grazing animals but I've not let mine on it yet I'd rather wait longer to be sure. :)

Hmm.. it doesn't say anything on the packaging about grazing animals. Just says that pets can go on the grass once it has dried.... Think I might give it a couple of months just to be on the safe side. :shock:

I've used this before!!

Basically i remember reading that you should wait untill it has been watered in, either by rain or hose!!

I waited untill we had had a really heavy shower to wash away all the chemicals! All has been fine with mine and i didn't have to keep them off the grass for too long as it's always raining here!!!

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!!!

I personally would not put a rabbit on a lawn that had been chemically treated for a long period of time until it had been cut on numerous occasions. It would be too risky. You cannot gauge the harm done to a rabbit as, although it might not kill the bunny, it could cause neurological damage that may not be immediately seen.

This *might* be helpful.

I did find the manufacturers website some years ago when I was going to use Evergreen.

I emailed them and they replied telling me exactly how long to wait - but as it was such a long time ago, I can't find the reply :oops:

Sorry

If you can find their website or their phone number, I am sure they will help you, as they did for me.

Kerina

Back