• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

eric again :(

i hadn't thought of the clothing - will give that a go (hopefully he won't eat it!).

welllll, he's eaten his half dozen pellets and a bit of his veg. i'm sat on the flattened futon with him so obviously the curiosity of what i'm doing has got the better of him and he's trying to bite my laptop cable......i am totally ignoring him - he'll come to me if i'm not 'after him'......the psychology or eric:roll:

Awww don't see t as punishing you. It's flattering really, he just misses his mummy :love::love::love: what about a big bear that you could put one of your worn jumpers on, as well as the radio, so he has the smell of you as well as some background noise. Or if you really want to go the whole hog, a tape of you speaking?

eta: see helgalush has already suggested the worn clothing :oops: didn't read the thread, just saw the title and first post and got a bit over keen :oops::oops:

believe me - i'll try anything!!!

i don't go out anyway unless i have to as i have to drive everywhere and petrol is so stupidly expensive but obviously, sometimes i need to do 'stuff' but with it seeming to have such a negative effect on eric, i dread leaving him now.

just done my food shopping online so the cupboards are bare til 7pm tomorrow but at least i don't have to go out - unless its to the vets with eric. luckily i already have fresh veg in for the buns and pigs.

How is the little man this morning?

I like the ted & clothing ideas :wave:

Were you able to give any more thought re. getting him friend or is this not an option?

How is the little man this morning?

I like the ted & clothing ideas :wave:

Were you able to give any more thought re. getting him friend or is this not an option?

right now he is binkying around without a care in the world:roll: i'm totally drained and i've got so much stuff to get done today:roll:

my finances are really dire right now but the idea of a friend still appeals to me - if he could bond with a bun, he may not get the separation anxiety if i leave him for more than a couple of hours.....

right now he is binkying around without a care in the world:roll: i'm totally drained and i've got so much stuff to get done today:roll:

my finances are really dire right now but the idea of a friend still appeals to me - if he could bond with a bun, he may not get the separation anxiety if i leave him for more than a couple of hours.....

I def think it's worth considering. Feel for you re. the finance situ. Bonding him may be the lesser of two evils though if it prevents visits to the vets?

Pleased he seems fine this morning :love:

Jen xx

So pleased to hear he has improved over night :D

I agree that a companion for him may be the answer to both of your problems. Its definatly worth a try so that you are able to have abit of freedom without feeling guilty.

Loads of nose rubs and nomming vibes for little Eric xxxxxxxxx:wave:

thanks guys.

he's had his breakfast (apart from the bit he always leaves for lunchtime so that we can eat together) and is now meatloafed.

i'm wondering if its safe for me to reassemble the futon yet as i keep tripping over it...........

sorry to hear bobby is off colour again:(

thanks guys.

he's had his breakfast (apart from the bit he always leaves for lunchtime so that we can eat together) and is now meatloafed.

i'm wondering if its safe for me to reassemble the futon yet as i keep tripping over it...........

sorry to hear bobby is off colour again:(

I'm on tenterhooks in case Bob's starts again.

I just kept waking her up to, have a run round, seemed to get her eating

well, i'm not dashing to the vets today (yet) as we have wee's, poops, eating and binkying. he's made me a bit of a poop bracelet but he was grooming lots last night after i managed to get metacam all over him - sticky stuff innit:shock:

we're due at the vets tomorrow at 10 anyway for a tooth check and myxo booster so everything crossed it was just one of his separation anxiety episodes. doesn't completely make sense to me though as i was here at his 2 main meal times on saturday:?

he's having a snooze now - and i think i may do too!

well, i'm not dashing to the vets today (yet) as we have wee's, poops, eating and binkying. he's made me a bit of a poop bracelet but he was grooming lots last night after i managed to get metacam all over him - sticky stuff innit:shock:

we're due at the vets tomorrow at 10 anyway for a tooth check and myxo booster so everything crossed it was just one of his separation anxiety episodes. doesn't completely make sense to me though as i was here at his 2 main meal times on saturday:?

he's having a snooze now - and i think i may do too!

I'm shattered too, I reckon Bobby rings eric and tells him to play up :roll:

i KNOW :evil: i went out on Saturday night, I will make sure i am there for her every whim from now on :lol:

ahhhhhhh - how very dare you go out!!!!! my 2 are booked into boarding for when i go to the isle of wight festival - i really should be looking forward to a few days away but eric NEEDS 'company':(

think i'm going to confiscate his mobile so he can't text bobby;)

ahhhhhhh - how very dare you go out!!!!! my 2 are booked into boarding for when i go to the isle of wight festival - i really should be looking forward to a few days away but eric NEEDS 'company':(

think i'm going to confiscate his mobile so he can't text bobby;)

I know, I went out from 7pm and was back by midnight :roll: Naughty mummeh :lol:

Bobby can use email as well, so beware :lol:

Back