• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Equiglo horse treats - okay for bunnies?

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
I saw these and thought they looked interesting, but I wasn't sure if they were bunny safe? I'd only be giving one a day maximum.

They have basil, comfrey, dandelion, fenugreek, golden rod, kelp, marjoram, mint, nettle, red clover flowers, parsley, rosehips and rosemary.

Any ideas?

I saw these and thought they looked interesting, but I wasn't sure if they were bunny safe? I'd only be giving one a day maximum.

They have basil, comfrey, dandelion, fenugreek, golden rod, kelp, marjoram, mint, nettle, red clover flowers, parsley, rosehips and rosemary.

Any ideas?

They sound fine to me. Most things horses can eat are OK for Rabbits. Apart from haylage.

:wave: hi - the only thing I would be tempted to check is the actual composition - I have bunnies and I also share a horse and I'm pretty sure these have a Soya Binder and Molasses in them which are sugars.

Also bear in mind the size of these treats they are intended for horses so are much bigger than bunny treats so if you are tempted to try these I would give a very small amount or you may be a risk of overloading the bunny with sugars.

I know there are Molasses free Horse treats out there but I would thoroughly research the composition.

Personally I would be tempted to stick to bunny tried and tested treats such as fenugreek Treats or the many others mentioned here on the forum.

Hope this helps.

They sound fine to me. Most things horses can eat are OK for Rabbits. Apart from haylage.
Sorry, I have absolutely no idea but I'm very interested to see the answer.
I love RU you learn something new everyday, why out of interest can they not have haylage? Xx

Probably not, look at the ingredients:

Composition:

Grassmeal. Wheatfeed, high fibre oatfeed, cane molasses, full fat soya, binder, calcium carbonate, herb mix, mint, garlic, spearmint, calcium proprionate

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea but I'm very interested to see the answer.
I love RU you learn something new everyday, why out of interest can they not have haylage? Xx

Perhaps haylage is more like grass clippings in that it is decomposing inside the plastic wrapping and smells completely different to hay. (Horses dont like it and even cows seem to prefer hay if ours were anything to go by).

I was looking at the ingredients listed in the OP, I didn't check elsewhere

If they are high sugar then no, I would not feed them

Perhaps haylage is more like grass clippings in that it is decomposing inside the plastic wrapping and smells completely different to hay. (Horses dont like it and even cows seem to prefer hay if ours were anything to go by).

My horses go mad for haylage, they don't really get it anymore they have to make do with large round hay bales as its far more economical xx

Back