• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Enclosure size for 3 rabbits

soph86

New Kit
Hello,

any advice would be so appreciated!

I have two rabbits who live in Lavender Lodge (not the new pets at home one, but the old one they sold which meets welfare standards). It is this one:

http://www.petsathome.com/webapp/wc...storeId=10551&catalogId=10601&productId=16003

The size is: 80.2 x 167.5 x 69.4cm.

The hutch is attached to a 5 x 4 foot run which they have access to all day and I shut them inside late at night for protection (the run is secure and has a lid for the day time).

Do you think the enclosure is big enough for me to rehome another small-medium rabbit?

Many thanks
Sophie..

Ideally the absolute minimum for a pair of bunnies should be a 6x2x2 hutch with a minimum 6x6 run, although we wouldn't keep any of our rabbits in the minimum - we believe in bigger is better!

Personally for 3 bunnies I would want a minimum 8ftx 3ft x 2ft hutch with an 8ft x 6ft run, but with access on a daily basis to free range time too.

The best investment for any rabbit is space. We have so many in the sanctuary that are paying the price for having been kept in small accommodation - some in hutches as small as 2ft:(.
To keep them healthy they need to run and stretch, so go large:D

I'm about to upgrade my trio from a 6x4 shed to an 8x6 shed and personaly i think that is ample room for 3 bunnies :)
I'm also going to attach a new run to the shed so they have 24/7 access instead of just when i'm home

I don't meet welfare standards ... Mine have a triple 6x2x2ft hutch for each trio and then they get free range time or time in a 8x7ft run each day.

Thanks guys, I'm rubbish at measurements but it looks like my enclosure would be too small for three buns- I think in total it comes to 5 foot 6" x 6 foot.

Thanks for your help anyway :)
Sophie.

Back