• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elijah & Artie not well P45 Elijah's re-admitted! Home.UD Elijah has found his spark

Artie is doing better now, he left some quite big poops yesterday and I've just caught him munching hay :love:

Elijah however is just nibbling and he's had a few bits of food under his nose for about four hours that I just can't believe he hasn't touched. He's eaten some raspberry leaves this morning but not much else. I'm most probably going to take him back to the vets to be syringe fed some more as I have to go to work and even waving food under his nose isn't impressing him much today. He's 'okay' but not as 'okay' as I'd like. I'm especially aware that he's been thin in the past so want to make sure he eats well.

Good that Artie's doing well now, hope Elijah gets on ok at the vets and his appetite picks up. xx

It is the 'sleepy' time of day for bunnies, so hopefully he'll show more interest in his noms later. Spenser has eaten all his favourite bits from his morning veg and retreated into his cardboard box for his morning nap!

:(:(

I really wasn't happy with how Elijah was late morning, I couldn't get him to eat more than a few strands and he was looking miserable.

I have had him re-admitted and after he'd been there 2.5 hours and assessed FHB said he wasn't happy. She feels he's not eating because he's in pain but that he's probably in pain because of the stasis. She still doesn't believe there is anything serious causing the stasis and that once he's eaten enough he will be okay. She just feels he's in pain and stressed so is going to give him pain relief and something to calm him while they syringe feed him and get him happy again.

I was beginning to feel useless and that I'd completely lost the plot when I took him back, I thought my paranoia had taken over but it seems the poor little guy isn't well yet :cry::cry:

Last edited:
Poor Elijah, and poor you! What a worry for you again. :( At least the vet thinks that once he gets into a pattern of eating he will be OK, so hopefully you will get some sleep tonight knowing he is in good hands.

Poor Elijah, and poor you! What a worry for you again. :( At least the vet thinks that once he gets into a pattern of eating he will be OK, so hopefully you will get some sleep tonight knowing he is in good hands.

Thanks

It's the worst bout of stasis I've had to deal with so far, I really hope she's right. I know she's the best and she was pretty confident, so I really hope so. At least the little guy has got drugs to make him feel better tonight. I'll only sleep through exhaustion - I'm nearly there already.

Awwwww, poor little man. Hopefully the syringe feeding will get him back on track very quickly. Sending lots of vibes for Elijah.

I'm so pleased to hear that Artie is feeling better. :love:

Sorry Elijah's still not right, hope you get him back from the vets tomorrow nomming enthusiastically!:wave:

I haven't had an official message yet today, I have to ring later for it, I will be at work by then. But the unofficial message is that Elijah has eaten and pooped a little over night.

Disappointing progress then. I've been told that they will be keeping him until he's fully right, probably over the weekend :cry::cry: but to ring later to get more info. As long as he is right eventually that's all that matters but I'm so sorry for the little guy it's taking so long :(

Artie, I'm pleased to report is back to his normal self. He's eating quite a bit of hay, foraging about a lot and has eaten about half his Excel over night :D

Last edited:
Sorry the update on Elijah isn't better news, but at least Artie is doing well now. Thinking of you. xx

Sorry the update on Elijah isn't better news, but at least Artie is doing well now. Thinking of you. xx

Thank you.

I rang back for my message and was told that FHB wanted to speak to me but was in surgery. When I spoke to her later on she started by emphasising "he's alright" they said she wanted to keep him until he was definitely right but not sure how long that would be. He was happy being there and everyone loves him :? I think they've decided to keep my bunny :lol::lol::lol: I bet Elijah is really lapping up all the attention bless him. His Auntie Frances is worried that the journey might cause him a setback again so wants him really well before he undertakes the journey but in the meantime he's being fussed over by loads of people who he's charming. I don't think he'll be minding too much :love::love:

I'm sorry Alison I completely missed your thread on Artie & Elijah :oops: Your poor boys & poor you - what a nightmare :(

I'm pleased Artie is feeling better & that Elijah is doing alright with his Aunty Frances :) Sending Elijah lots of vibes & hoping that he can come home soon. Hugs to you too, as I know how stressed & upset you must have felt xxx

Thank you.

I rang back for my message and was told that FHB wanted to speak to me but was in surgery. When I spoke to her later on she started by emphasising "he's alright" they said she wanted to keep him until he was definitely right but not sure how long that would be. He was happy being there and everyone loves him :? I think they've decided to keep my bunny :lol::lol::lol: I bet Elijah is really lapping up all the attention bless him. His Auntie Frances is worried that the journey might cause him a setback again so wants him really well before he undertakes the journey but in the meantime he's being fussed over by loads of people who he's charming. I don't think he'll be minding too much :love::love:

Are you sure this isn't a very elaborate bunny-napping plot by your vets?:shock::lol:

Seriously though, I hope it isn't too long before you get him back, you must miss him loads! Lots of vibes for a completely back to normal Elijah ASAP!

Are you sure this isn't a very elaborate bunny-napping plot by your vets?:shock::lol:

I must admit, I was beginning to wonder if he was being bunny napped :lol:

Thanksies everybody :D:D

The good news is he has eaten all his greens overnight and his Excel. FHB wants to keep him another 24 hours to make sure but if he's doing as well he *may* be coming home tomorrow :D:D:D

Back