• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elijah & Artie not well P45 Elijah's re-admitted! Home.UD Elijah has found his spark

Artie has just been eating Excel :D:D:D:D He was only at his dish for less than a minute but he definitely ate some :D:D

I just hope my baby Elijah is doing as well, it's very quiet without him.

Thanks guys. I feel a bit rubbish because I know some of you guys have had far worse to deal with than I have. Myxo and heart failure being up there on the list.

i think Stasis is a million times worse than heart failure :wave: you just dont know when its going to hit and if that is the one that will take your angel painfully.

heart failure was easy in comparison.. both together werent fun but the only time i doubted my future with rabbits was during an Alvin stasis episode.

Sending lots of vibes for Elijah xxx
I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time with your bunnies. :(

Thank you for the vibes and good wishes and kind words.

I'm collecting Elijah after work. Neither Elijah and Artie are eating the full range yet but both bright and eating well of what they are eating.

Haven't got time to post more but just wanted to share the news that Elijah is deemed well enough to come home :D

Only just read this - what a worrying time for you. Hope both Elijah and Artie have speedy recoveries and don't suffer anymore illness for a very long time! Vibes for them both xxx

I'm so glad both boys are doing well and Elijah is coming home today :D

Sending loads of vibes to both of them and hoping they'll be good bunnies, eat all their food and not cause their mummy any more stress :wave:

Thanksies once again.

Elijah is home and settling in well. He's been eating quite a bit of hay since he got home. He came home with a huge pile of grass and dandelions from the vets and I'm just exhausted so instead of donning the head torch and fleece and going out gathering I just gave 1/2 to Artie. Artie hasn't eaten any Excel since that tiny but the other night. He seems fine in spirit but not eating a full range of normal food. Both boys have been asking for loads of cuddles and Elijah settled really quickly and has been nudging and licking my hand.:love::love:

I'm just at my wits end with these bunnies - neither of them have eaten any Excel over night. Both are eating green food, Elijah was eating some green oat hay last night but can't have eaten anything like as much as usual. He's quiet (I normally get woken to the sound of him playing), he's alert enough but not lively. Elijah hasn't eaten this morning's spring green leaf though he did through the night eat the one I gave him in the evening.

Artie is bright enough, coming to see me etc but hasn't eaten any hard food for a week now, the odd strand of hay maybe. When he does eat grass/greeens he's very enthusiastic. He was admitted only 5 weeks ago and his teeth will have been looked at.

I really have to go to work today as I only have 2 days leave to last me until April :?

I just don't know what more I can do for them :cry::cry::cry:

Oh dear, they are certainly giving you a lot of worry time! You'll be at work by now, I expect, so hope you find some nomming has happened whenyou next check them.

I'm just at my wits end with these bunnies - neither of them have eaten any Excel over night. Both are eating green food, Elijah was eating some green oat hay last night but can't have eaten anything like as much as usual. He's quiet (I normally get woken to the sound of him playing), he's alert enough but not lively. Elijah hasn't eaten this morning's spring green leaf though he did through the night eat the one I gave him in the evening.

Artie is bright enough, coming to see me etc but hasn't eaten any hard food for a week now, the odd strand of hay maybe. When he does eat grass/greeens he's very enthusiastic. He was admitted only 5 weeks ago and his teeth will have been looked at.

I really have to go to work today as I only have 2 days leave to last me until April :?

I just don't know what more I can do for them :cry::cry::cry:

i dont think them refusing pellets is a bad thing hun, it usually takes a few days for Alvin to eat pellets again after stasis, and as Judy has pointed out these buns know what they need to fix thier tummies... after stasis Alvin eats veg and hay and goes crazy for brambles, its like he knows the pellets will keep him poorly so he avoids them till his tum sorts itself out :wave:

I'm so pleased Elijah is home again. :) Hopefully they'll both be nomming furiously by the time you get home later.

Thanks guys. I've just had a 5 minute chat with FHB and she said I can take him back fo syringe feeding if I feel he's not eating enough, which I'm guessing will happen this evening.

However, I've just got him to eat a few bits of spring greens, I'm off out for more raspberry leaves. Cheers Donna, I knew what you posted but I did need reminding of it. Art is totally refusing pellets too but eating grass enthusiastically.

Elijah was eating hay last night so hopefully he will do so again this afternoon.

Off back to work as he's eaten, will review at 5.15 when I get home.

Elijah has done okay this afternoon. He's not eaten a massive amount but is bright and nibbling and has pooped quite a decent amount. So I'll be persuading him at home and not rushing him back to the vets.

Artie has pooped a good amount this afternoon too so I'm guessing he's eating a bit of hay as well as the grass etc. He's also had 7g of Excel.

Elijah isn't eating much spring greens whereas Artie devours them. The raspberry leaves are going down a storm with both so I need to venture out to the end of the garden to find some more and my head torch wouldn't work last night :roll: Still anything to get fibre etc into the buns.

FHB was brilliant at lunchtime, I already knew that but she was just so reasurring and making sure I could cope. Luckily I rang for advice just as she was between consultations so she took the phone call (I was expecting to speak to a nurse). She said she'd seen Elijah's x-ray and pretty much all he was ailing was getting his appetite back so not to worry unduly just monitor his eating that it might take a few more days to get back to his nromal self, and to take him back if I couldn't get enough into him. Another interesting fact: His blood glucose reading when he was admitted was 8 point something or other. 15 is the trigger for 'concern' which is what it was last time he was admitted with stasis. When Artie was there on a routine appointment it was 9 so Elijah's was very much in the normal range which is baffling. He'd even spent 30 minutes in a waiting room with dogs and cats.

Whe my mum visited him this afternoon Elijah came running over begging for a carroty treat :love::love:

Anyhow, off out into the rain now :D

Last edited:
Back